They spent the whole afternoon practicing, fully aware that their time in the studio was limited a few hours ago, but hey, Mr. Lee hasn't come to kick them out so what's the harm?

Jungeun clapped as they finished their last time today, laughing as she saw Jiwoo, Yerim, and Yeojin dramatically collapse on the floor.

"Wah! Guys, I think we can actually win this year!" Heejin ran around the studio.

Even Chaewon smiled brightly, they've truly come a long way. It only started from Jungeun, who convinced Jiwoo to join. After a few months of just being the two of them Yeojin, Chaewon, and Heejin got in. Yerim was their last, joining when they had only started to do street performances.

"I know, right! I can just feel it," Yeojin continued to dramatically grip her shirt on the floor.

"Okay guys! Maybe that was enough for today, we killed it. In tomorrow's practice we'll kill it, and even until the actual stage, we will kill it. Mark my words," Jungeun announced. She dismissed them and one by one the sweaty girls left, happily joking around.

As usual, Jungeun was the last one left to clean up. But these days, she hung back for another reason. She always was waiting for a certain baseball player to walk in and accompany her home.

Just on cue, Jinsoul walked in with the biggest grin that could rival Jungeun's own, "what's got you that excited?"

"I can say the same for you, princess," Jinsoul smiled at the other.

"I guess we both have some good news," Jungeun laughed. "You first. I've never seen you in this good of a mood."

Jinsoul breathed in, "The team is going to play JYP High!" She exclaimed. Jungeun threw her a confused look, "JYP, as in the school with all those smart ass kids?"

Jinsoul frantically nodded, "Oh my god! Congrats! If you beat them that would be one hell of a news."

Jinsoul sucked in a breath, "if," she emphasized, "it's only if we win. to be honest I'm grateful we even have the chance to play them."

"Win or lose, I'm sure you'll still do great," Jungeun back hugged her, before pulling away, "sorry, I'm sweaty."

"Are you kidding? the team practiced like hell earlier, you aren't the only one, we're all drenched," Jinsoul laughed, holding onto Jungeun's arm around her stomach so the younger stayed in their position. She turned herself in the other's hold, "now tell me, what's got the princess so happy?"

Jungeun shook her head, "you remember when we first met?"

Jinsoul knitted her eyebrows, laughing stiffly remembering it, "yeah, what about it?"

"I remember being worried that because of the uh...bump...you gave me that I won't be able to prepare for a dance competition fully," Jungeun smiled.

"Oh, yeah, I remember that."

"The crew has been really practicing hard, and we all just feel good about this year. We prepared a lot and we're confident we can bring gold home this time," Jungeun, still having her arm around Jinsoul's waist, instinctively laid her head on the taller's chest. Jinsoul's own arm wrapping around the other's shoulder.

"Aw, Jungie, I'm sure you'll do great."

Jungeun mumbled a quiet thank you. It was almost not caught by the other, but she still heard Jungeun's small voice. They stayed like that for a while, arms around each other. They were just both so happy for each other, it felt right.

Jinsoul rested her chin on Jungeun's head, "can I be there at the competition?" she asked.

"Only if I can be there for the practice game," Jungeun felt Jinsoul's chest vibrate as the older laughed. "okay."

"it's in 2 weeks," Jungeun said. Jinsoul pulled away, not from being uncomfortable, but rather from surprise, "wait, really? because the game is also 2 weeks away."

Jungeun now also pulled her head away, "oh..please tell me it's morning or at least mid-day."

"10 in the morning," Jinsoul said. Jungeun sighed in relief and laid her had back to where it felt comfort. "The competition starts at noon."

"Then it's settled, we'll both attend both events," Jinsoul pulled away once again, bringing her pinkie up for Jungeun to intertwine with her own, which she did with a soft smile.

"come on, let's get home," Jinsoul whispered before they ultimately let go.

[a/n]
double update bc I'm cool like that 😎😎 anywho i think I really am in love with this ship dynamic and I apologize bc i feel I don't bring it enough justice, it's just so cute 😭😭

anywho, how is everyone's quarantine doing? pls take care of yourselves :]

have a splendid day lovelies~~
-maya