a talk, a call

"Hey Ryujin!" Hyunjin ran out of Jinsoul's side to pat at her friend's shoulder, catching her attention. "I didn't know JYP is also in with this group practice?"

"Oh, Hi Hyun!" She patted back before answering, "yeah, we wanted to be more active with other teams."

Noticing Jinsoul and Haseul catching up behind Hyunjin, Ryujin smiled, bringing up her hand for a greet, "Jinsoul, Haseul!"

"Hey! How ya been?" Haseul said, immediately high fiving the girl. Ryujin just grinned, "well, how have you been? Are you ready for a re-match?"

"Me? You should know my pitching is a lot better than the last time we met, Shin," Haseul played along.

When the game between BB High and JYP happened, It was probably an understatement to say that Ryujin gave Haseul a hard time pitching properly. Just like how Jinsoul hit Yeji's ball, Haseul couldn't just get it past the JYP batter.

"What's with this rivalry between you two?" Jinsoul looked suspiciously between the two. "I want to talk like that to someone as well! Man, where's Yeji when you need her?"

"This is great! We get to pick who we practice with right?" Hyunjin grinned, the girl nodding. "Then a pitch off! Haseul with Ryujin, Jinsoul with Yeji."

Jinsoul smiled, already liking the idea of the pitch off. Before she could comment anymore on it, someone shouted for her.

"Get over here!" turning to who it was, she saw coach Taec waving her over. Beside him was someone oddly familiar, but she quite couldn't get her finger on who she was. She was a rather aged woman. Well, not aged exactly, she looked healthy, maybe around her 30s? That must be who coach wanted her to meet.

Surprisingly, she got a name faster than she expected, "hey isn't that my coach?"

"Who?"

"Coach Sunmi," Ryujin stated, "she used to play for the national team."

Then it clicked. Jinsoul found her familiar because she used to be one of her favorite pitchers. Hell, she started playing because of how cool she looked so into the games she played.

"She's your coach?" Jinsoul gaped. Ryujin laughed slightly, "yeah, well, turns out he used to go to JYP, we're as strong as we are because of her."

"Soul, I don't think you want to keep Coach Taec waiting," Haseul smirked at the sight of Jinsoul still in awe. She pushed her towards them, "just go."

As Jinsoul walked up the two coaches, she couldn't help but notice the slight smile the JYP coach have her. It was like she was scanning her. "Uh, hi."

"Jinsoul, this is who I wanted you to meet," her coach pointed to her, "well, technically she wanted to meet you but it's basically the same thing, no?"

Jinsoul's inner self was freaking out. Sunmi is right there!! She let her thoughts run wild once she fully understood what her coach said. THE LEE SUNMI WANTED TO MEET ME??? She pinched her wrist to make sure this was real.

"Can I talk to her alone?" Sunmi said. Taecyeon shrugged, "sure."

Once he left, Jinsoul quickly bowed, "my name's—"

"Jinsoul, I know," she chuckled, "your coach kinda already told me that?"

Well Jinsoul definitely did not just embarrass herself in front of her star player.

"Oh, uh, yeah," She burned red from her embarrassment. Really Jinsoul, did you have to be such a dumbass today of all days?

"Well, I'm—"