friday night

Jinsoul smiled widely looking at her phone, not realising a Haseul was peeking right behind her, "ooh, so she is your girlfriend!"

She nearly dropped her phone, smacking Haseul over and over again. "Ever heard of privacy?"

"Nope," she smiled cheekily, putting on her cap, "Anyway, why didn't you tell me you were this smooth? That was that dance captain, right?"

Haseul was referring to Jungeun and her's text messages. The night they exchanged numbers, Jinsoul immediately texted Jungeun when she came back to her dorm. They actively talk to each other everyday, since they don't see each other often. They don't even share a class.

Jinsoul blushed when Hyunjin suddenly popped out of nowhere, "of course it's the dance captain. That girl looks whipped for Soul."

"Hyunjin I'm going to hit you with my bat someday."

Hyunjin only stuck out her tongue, "doesn't change what I said, it's obvious."

Jinsoul rolled her eyes, before realising Jungeun had texted her back saying that their convo had to be delayed; she had dance practice. She quickly sent back about having to go practice batting herself.

Coach Taecyeon whistled for attention, signalling their time for practice was starting.

"Soul! Come on, let's go." Her friends called.

Jinsoul quickly placed her phone in her bag and zipped it up, leaving it in her locker.

"Whoa, Seul! Your pitching is seriously improving!" Jinsoul commented as she walked towards her best friend.

The other smiled smugly, "yeah, so you better improve your batting too. unless you want me to pull a strikeout on you?"

[strikeout; when a pitcher throws three strikes to a batter.]

"In your dreams," Jinsoul wiped the sweat off her forehead. The two walked to the lockers, seeing Hyunjin already there, somewhat nervous-happy looking.

"Jinsoul unnie!" she greeted. Jinsoul both showed confusion. "Uh, what's up with you? You never call me unnie."

She was mentally preparing herself because Hyunjin only ever called any of her friends that are older than her unnie is when she needs something.

She was already in her casual clothes, hands gripping tightly on the strap of her bag. "Are you going anywhere after practice?"

"Uh, no. Why?"

"Can you uh- accompany me to the dance team's studio?" to that Haseul let out a long teasing 'ooh'.

Jinsoul shrugged, "sure I guess. Why though?"

"Uh, remember the convenience store bread girl..?"

"okay PAUSE." the two turned to Haseul who was giving them looks, "What are you two going on about??"

Jinsoul, taking advantage of the moment, smirked, "oh, you know. Hyunjin has a crush on one of the dance girls because she gave her bread."

"Excuse me she isn't a crush!"

Haseul pouted, "what?? what's up with you guys getting girlfriends from the dance crew? No fair! I want a girlfriend too!"