Chapter 27

Saying I was proud of myself is an understatement.

I felt good yet bad about what I did. I knew that Tatiana was going to get me back for embarrassing her like this in front of the cafeteria. I know everyone has their attention on us. Yet, I stood up for myself, something I never thought would be possible.

Tatiana just stares at me in disbelief. I look at her but this time is different. I'm not as scared anymore. Then my attention adverts to Asher. He catches my eyes but he shows no emotion almost as if he wonders what my next move might be.

I look to see the rest of the group. Noah is still in shock but has a smile on his face. Amelia is smirking at Tatiana's horrified expression. Emily just looks confused. Lastly, Ethan has a proud smile. I don't know why but it feels like making a father proud. Ethan is so mature and friendly, he makes everyone comfortable.

"Tatiana enough of your show, I want to eat," Noah speaks breaking the silence and continues to chuckle.

One of Tatiana's barbies walking towards us and tries to take Tatiana with her. Tatiana doesn't say anything as her friend drags her out, maybe because she couldn't afford any more embarrassment. She just gives me a hateful stare as a warning to what's to come.

I sit back down at stare at my food. Suddenly my food doesn't look good anymore. The group keeps congratulating me but I just nod. I don't really pay attention as I'm consumed with my own thoughts.

I'm such a disappointment. I know this all happened after one thing in my life changed. I know I would have never done this to someone. I was all about no violence and stuff.

I look up and stare at the reason I became this. He holds the stare as well.

Asher. I let a boy do this to me.

"Guys I need to go," I say abruptly and stand up. I hear them ask questions but I just ignore everything. I needed time for myself. As I leave the cafeteria I pass by Tatiana's table. She looks terrible almost as if she lost all her confidence.

I walk through the hallways not really heading anywhere. Why am I like this? How did things change so fast?

My thoughts get interrupted as I'm pulled back by a hand on my shoulder. The person proceeds to wrap his other hand around my waist.

I knew who it was. I could never forget his scent. My mistake was not pushing him away. I turn to face him and hug him. He hugs me even tighter.

I needed this hug and I got the feeling he needed this hug too.

Noah's POV

Lunch was eventful.

I was really happy Vanessa finally stood up for herself. After all, she is a confident person under all that disguise.

But I was also mad. I was mad at my best friend. How could Asher be this stupid? Out of nowhere, he starts treating Tatiana like a partner.

Ew.

I'm horrified just by thinking about it.

The fact that he does this in front of Vanessa. I'm sorry but if you like a girl you are supposed to do the opposite of being lovey-dovey with another girl. Right?

I know Asher though. He has reasons as to why he is acting this way. In the morning I didn't continue to pressure him to tell us because eventually, he would come out.

Then Vanessa left after slapping the bitch. She must be confused so I let her be. She needed time alone and I knew Ethan agreed. That is why we both pulled back the girls from going after Vanessa. I knew their presence wouldn't be too helpful. Don't take it the hard way.

Then Asher stood up. We all studied his movements. I had mixed feelings about Asher going after Vanessa. In a way, I knew Vanessa might need him. Asher, whatever he has, needs her to solve his problems. They needed each other. After all, things could go back to normal if their talk went well.

I see Asher's back and start rooting for him silently.

Hope this goes well.

Asher's POV
I pull away from the hug and begin to caress her face. I should be mad but as I stare at her eyes I forget my anger.

A tear escapes from her eyes and I know she's hurt.

"Why are you crying?" I whisper since we are too close to each other.

"Who have I become?" She murmurs quietly as if she is speaking to herself. She looks down and her feet as if she is trying to hide her tears.

I lift her face again and make her look at me. She should be proud that she is finally coming out as a strong person. Yet, I get what she means. I also feel confused about my choices.

"Asher, why are you here?" She asks finally holding eye contact. "Shouldn't you be with her?" She continues referring to Tatiana.

I was about to respond to her question but she beats me to it by pushing me away.

"You don't get to come here and pretend everything has been fine! You think you can treat me like shit and expect me to be fine? Asher, I don't know if you noticed but I have feelings too. You hurt me too much-" Vanessa rants but I interrupt her.

"Vanessa I'm hurt too! You pushed me away like I mean nothing. I'm hurting after so much has happened. You know what I feel like shit too! I-" I yell as well, matching her tone from earlier. I stop myself from continuing to express my feelings.

I instantly regret raising my voice as I see how shock she is but I choose to not say a word. I remain quiet. It's best if she hates me and leaves. That way no one continues to get hurt.

Maybe we weren't meant to be friends.

Maybe we weren't meant to like each other at all.