𝔐𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔫 𝔚𝔬𝔯𝔡𝔰 ℭ𝔞𝔫 𝔇𝔢𝔰𝔠𝔯𝔦𝔟𝔢

Ding-ing-ing-ing

   The bell on top of the library door rang as someone entered. The sound echoed throughout the vacant building. He came in, a tall male with frizzy brown-ish, purple hair. He usually frequents here. I am usually the one who sees him because I am the librarian.

   Growing up, books have always been my favorite. I was always bored as a kid and I could get lost in a world of fantasies. It was magic at my fingertips.

    Most of the time, he would write and occasionally check out books. Recently, he checked out a book that was about raccoons. His library card informed me that his name was Edgar Allan Poe. He appeared to be antisocial. He would always keep his distance from the other people there and he would recoil if anyone were to touch him on accident. He had a raccoon on his shoulder that I could hear him talking to on occasion. I learned the raccoon's name was Karl. Pets weren't allowed, but, I didn't have the guts to tell him. I could tell anyone else, just not Poe-Kun. 

Clap.

Clap.

Clap.

   I tossed the dust off my hands getting ready to take a pile of books back on the shelves. The books were books that others checked out before or misplaced ones. I went over to a long maze of books and began putting them away. I got to the section where it was mostly poems. Poems intrigued me for a while. Something about a rhyme gets me. 

  I placed a book back as my finger traced a mystery novel. ''This is another misplaced one.'' I sighed

  I plopped the book on my pile as I happened to run into Poe-Kun. We both fell down to the ground as he rubbed his head as I began to collect my books. Karl began running to Poe's chair. Poe looked up and in a nervous rush, he picked up his books, bending some of the pages. 

  ''Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! I-I didn't mean to!'' I apologized frantically. I finished picking up my pile as the books towered over me. 

  ''I-It's fine...'' He muttered nervously. 

  Poe gathered his belongings and Karl then left after that. I sighed as I probably drove a customer away. I brushed it off and began depositing the books in their rightful spot.

  ''Huh?'' I looked at a strange book. I don't recall ever having this book in our library. I flipped to the title page and it was written at the bottom who it was written by.

   ''By Edgar Allan Poe 'The Raven'''

    I knew I shouldn't, but I decided to read the book. The library was about to close anyway and I was done with all my jobs. I sat down at my swivel chair and flipped to the main page. I read it and after a while, I finished it. 

   There was something about this poem. It was breathtaking. I shouldn't have read it, it was invading his privacy, but I'm glad I did. Even how sick and twisted that may sound, I really did.

   The next day, Poe-Kun was there. I grabbed the book and cautiously approached him. I tapped his shoulder as he jumped up. ''I'm sorry! I didn't mean to startle you!'' I exclaimed. 

   ''It's f-fine,'' he said hesitantly. 

   I handed the book to Poe as he became flustered and grab the book from me in a blink of an eye.

   ''M-M-My book! How did you get my book?'' He asked as you could feel the anxiety he was feeling.

  ''When I bumped into you the other day, I accidentally picked up your book. I-I read it too. I'm truly sorry.'' I confessed. Poe-Kun was panicking. He hugged his book tightly and there was a long moment of silence.

  ''D-Did you like it?'' He muttered so softly I almost couldn't hear him.

  ''I-I did! It was astonishing! Everything about it was amazing! The extraordinary detail, the great word choice, everything!'' I exclaimed

  Poe brushed the hair out of his face as his eyes lit up. ''R-Really?!'' He asked. 

 ''Mhm! Mhm!'' I nodded. He smiled as he bowed. 

 ''T-Thank you for your feedback!'' He bowed. 

  He came to the library more frequently since then even though he came already almost every day. Time to time, I would catch him staring at me then look away quickly when I starred at him. I would always laugh at that then he would smile.

 One day, I saw him put a book in the return pile. It was strange because I didn't think he checked out a book. He then left quickly afterward. I picked up the pile of books to deposit them again and near the top, there was another strange book. It didn't have a title on the front cover so I looked through the pages.

   ''Please, (Y/N)-chan, read this book too, I get flustered whenever I look at you.

    Astonishing, you are, you're more than thousands of works of art.      Kind, sweet, and everything else. I couldn't get you out of my head since you made me melt.You catch me off my guard every time. It's time I finally feel alive.You're amazing, a real beauty, so I ask you, will you go out with me?''

Ding.

   The door to the library opened. It took me a minute to look up because of this charming book. ''I'm-I'm sorry, we're about to close-'' I said as I tilted my head up. ''P-Poe-Kun.'' I looked in surprise then smiled.

   ''I-I see you read the book.'' Poe anxiously said. 

   Before he could say anything else, I immediately wrapped my arms around him in a hug. ''The book was amazing,'' I said softly into his chest.

   I could feel Poe blushing like crazy and Karl jumping on my head. ''He must like you.'' Poe smiled. I don't think his smile has ever been brighter. Then, I could see him turn nervous again.

  ''So, is that a yes? W-Will you go out with... me?'' Poe asked.

  I grinned ear to ear. ''O-Of course!'' I shouted and bowed. 

  ''Oh, (Y/N)-Chan! You're more beautiful than words can describe.'' Poe said softly. He then did something I never thought he would. 

   He pecked me on the cheek for a kiss.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝔐𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔫 𝔚𝔬𝔯𝔡𝔰 ℭ𝔞𝔫 𝔇𝔢𝔰𝔠𝔯𝔦𝔟𝔢 // Edgar Alan Poe x Reader 🎉