Chapter 12

The following weekend we were on our way back to Nairobi. This time round I wasn't as nervous as I was before. It was the last weekend before the beginning of the recording of my new song.

Monje Radio was one of the popular radio stations and is still is in the country. Being one of their guests became one of my greatest joys and early archievements.

'Sixth Floor, Door Opening', is what we heard before coming out of the all side mirrored elevator.

We came out and the first view was of a guy who was short and wore a black suit with a bow tie, who came over and showed us the reception. He had a writing board on his hand and a pen writting down something on it. The place was open with a round table situated at the right side of the floor.

We went over to the reception where a tall slim lady, on her late twenties sat, but this time she was servicing some other guest. In a matter of minutes she was done with the guest and Patrick headed towards her. They soft spoke for some few minutes then we were off to go. We went through several corridors until we got to the room at the far end of the floor. Room 618 door was opened by Patrick and we all got inside. This time round we did not carry along the whole team. It was just me, my manager and Alex.

The first sight inside the radio station really got me. It wasn't what I expected or imagined. It looked very unique and incredible. The use of the latest technology with different machines arranged orderly in their place. A big floral sofa of white and orange sat at the right side of the room, covering the whole of the right wall. We went over greeting everyone in the studio as we one by one sat on the sofa. It was so cormfy as it lightly accommodated our butts drawing us a little in. We noticed cameras all over, since the station was not only live on radio, but also on YouTube. The walls, mainly white, offered a good lighting and brightness for my dark skinned face to be seen. We saw our images on a small flat screen on the wall and I wouldn't complain, Samantha always does a good job finding the right products for my skin colour. She's a genius in this. And I really appreciate it.

After a little while, she who I assumed to be the host of the morning show walked majestically inside the station. She was very beautiful with her makeup correctly done on her golden brown round face. The blonde wig she wore perfectly matched her complection. Her face was the most capturing as the rest of the details followed, with the steps she took coming to greet us. Her short yellow flay dress which reached slightly above her knees could only display the parts of her skin which were all flawless and glowy. Modern African women are indeed good at taking good care of themselves especially their looks. Not just their looks but also very hardworking and dedicated. Many becoming professionals in their fields.

She finished with the warm greetings and gave us a little chart wanting to know how our morning was and asked if we felt comfortable. Which was a good thing since it gave an easy small bonding with everyone in the room at the moment.

She took the farthest seat where there was the large machine placed in the middle and gestured me to take the opposite one. She took her headphone which was hanging on the large microphone pointing towards her and I also did the same.

She pressed a button with a yellow gel painted nail and my cover song begun to play in the background. We had a few minute chat before we got interrupted.

"We'll be going on air in 5,4,3,2,1,"
is what we heard and we sat more properly to begin the show. I straighten down my blue straight dress and moved my wig in a better position as the show begun.

"Welcome to our morning show. Good morning to you listeners and viewers. As always we are previledged to have you locked in daily. And for that we are dearly grateful. It's your giirrl Traaacy," she pronounced, as she stressed on her name.