Chapter 6

Alex

Being a rich kid is one of the most amazing things that ever happened to me. I could get anything and anyone I want. So far no one has ever resisted me.

And, have you seen my abs lately? Psh I don't mean to brag but I do keep my body fit. My body is for 'business' to say. I hit the gym at least twice a week.

Walking out of my car, I heard a phone call.

"Hello mum" I picked up.

"Hey my handsome and favourite boy," she responded

"I'm your only son mum," I replied.

"Okay. What can I say. I love you baby," mum answered.

"What's up," I asked

"Is she there yet? You promised to bring her home soon, I need to see her," she replied

" She was supposed to be here 20 minutes ago. Maybe she's inside already. Lemmi check," I said.

"Keep me updated son," she said
"Okay I will," I said and she hung up.

The Neli studio was a three storey building which was owned by Evans, who was once introduced to me by Kevin. He was actually one of the biggest producers in Kenya. To say I only deal with the best. He's brought out upcoming musicians to be the best ones in Africa.

"Wait up Alex," I heard Maua's voice from behind. I turned to check. Along with her was a lady. She was familiar and I only saw her maybe once or twice when we were still young. She was five and I was only seven.

"Sorry I'm late love," she said when she got closer and gave me a hug. I squeezed her against my chest since it was three weeks already without a touch of her. I missed her already.

"It's okay. I'm also arriving now. African time huh!," I said smiling and she laughed.

"By the way Alex, this is Alice my bestie and Alice this is Alex, my boyfriend," Maua introduced us.

She gave me a hand and I gave mine too. She then looked at me confusingly.

"Have we met before? You seem familiar," she asked and I felt tensed. How the hell did she have such a good memory?

"No, I don't think so," I quickly answered. The situation already seemed weird.

"Let's get inside. We must be keeping the producer for too long," Maua jumped in.

"Yes, let's go," I replied.

We sat on the large green sofa at the waiting area. His secretary said that he was having his breakfast. That's the problem of having money sometimes. Pride gets in too easily.
After 15 minutes we were called inside.

"Oh Alex, it's you, I'm so sorry for keeping you waiting. Sorry for the delay," he apologized now directing us to the seat inside the recording studio.

The studio had beautiful portraits of nature and musical instruments. The one that caught me most was one of a girl holding down her microphone and singing out like nobody's business. It reminded me of the future I had in mind of Maua. That's how I want her to be. To sing her heart out. The world needs to stop and listen to her.

"No need Evans, breakfast is the most important meal of the day," I responded.

"Okay let's get down to business. What type of song do you want to sing?" He directed the question to Maua.

"Okay I have an unfinished song, but for today maybe I'll sing a cover song," she said.

"That's great, we gonna do that. Which song is it?" He asked.

"Iokote by Maua Sama," she said. It seems Maua(s) and music were two close things.

"I love that song. Go put on the headphones then we'll start recording," he declared.

She went on the other side and what followed was like a dream to me.

I felt my feet tap the floor, my eyes shutting down, my heart beating swiftly, my hands tapping the hand side of the sofa. Singing along to the only few part I knew. Her voice was loud but soft. She just knew when to go high and when to go low. Man isn't she just...

"Perfect," we said in unison. Me and the producer. Alice started clapping her hands.

"I have an idea," I said, "why don't we repeat everything that just happened and I'll record it all on my phone. We will then post it on YouTube," I said.

"Yes, that's it. I'll call my director with his team for that," Evans recommended.

" Waiting for them will take time, let's just do it on the phone," I requested.

" Okay, if you say so," he added.

"Why are you guys planning things for me without including me?" Maua said. All the while she seemed invisible, that's after giving us a bang.

" You'll just refuse it," Alice said, " you know I had to drag you here all morning after refusing to come, saying headaches are about to begin, blablabla," she added and we all laughed.

"I'll do it. Okay," Maua admitted.

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
The day was beautiful. Beautiful with my beautiful girl and her beautiful voice. This was the best day ever. My heart felt so heavy. I was sinking deep into her.

We walked out of the studio, my hands around her shoulders. She is mine. No one's but mine. I love her so much.

"We'll have to take a matatu to home since we are going opposite directions," Maua explained.
She never likes it when I do favours for her.

"No babe, I want to drive you, since you drove me crazy in there," I said and got out a smile from her which I liked. I can stare at her the entire day without blinking.

"Stop it," she said

"I'll give the two of you some time, lemmi go find a matatu for us. You find me in the bus stage Awiti," Alice said leaving.

"Okay I'll be there in a few," Maua replied.

I moved closer and closer to her. Making sure to leave no space between us. I met her eyes directly. They were deep brown and her lashes were very long and spaced.
I could feel how she could not breath properly.

"I just love you Maua Pendo. Please stick with me forever. I promise to love you no matter what," I said.

"Yes... I will," she said releasing a breath which warmed my face.

I held her cheek with my thumb. I bent my nose to touch hers. I could feel her wet lips.

I moved my nose round at hers slowly. She closed her eyes enjoying the moment.
I then grabbed her lower lip and...
Whatever happened, I kissed her like there was no tomorrow.
It was our first time and probably hers.

A/N: I know the singing part was too quick but I need detailed information on that. Any help on that will be great.