Chapter 2

hi! yes this is crossposted on ao3 and ffn. i forgot to add an authors note to the beginning of chapter 1. yes this is established tuggoffelees. you will read in the pov of movie and stage misto. i have seven chapters posted on ao3 and ffn so i will post all seven here then continue an update schedule like normal and update at the same time as ffn and ao3
enjoy!
-
Mr. Quaxo Mistoffelees was, and is, a magical cat, there is no doubt about that. He can control light, he can shoot sparks from his paws, he can make the leader of the Jellicle Cats reappear after he's been cat-napped by the most evil cat of all, and he can teleport short distances.
However, as far as he knows, he cannot make The Rum Tum Tugger vanish, or anyone else vanish, without the help of some cloth, plus the fact that his magic was tired out from helping move things.
So, where was he? Why was he here? How did he get to this place, which looked exactly like where he was before, but it most certainly wasn't. Mistoffelees is a magic cat, he can feel when something is not right. Then again, most cats can, unless your stupid like The Rum Tum Tugger, or a kitten with no experience. Same thing, really.
So Mistoffelees quickly turned back and scampered back in the direction of the junkyard, which, if everything else was the same, should be there.
When he arrived, the sun had almost completely risen, and the junkyard was flushed with light, but it definitely looked different. Things were not in the same place as they had been earlier, when he had been helping to arrange. Some of the things he hadn't seen before, and others were simply in other places, and some didn't exist at all. For example, the ledge that he generally sat on with Tugger during the night? Not there. Jennyanydots trunk, where she liked to sleep with the newborn kits? It had been turned and strewn, which he knew would make her mad. That place was one of the safest spots in the junkyard, and was needed to keep the young kittens safe.
He slunk over towards it, resting his paw on the side. With the flick of his tail, it started to slowly move upright, and everytime his tail moved, it turned further. Finally, it sat as it was supposed to.
Mistoffelees looked around. What had happened to this place in the short while that he had left with Tugger? Had Macavity attacked? Was that what the thunder and lightning really had been?
It is well known that Macavity has magical powers, just as Mistoffelees does, but could he really do this much damage? Especially in such a short time!
Mr Mistoffelees looked around, tired from using his magic again after only a short amount of time. He shook his paw, and barely any glitter spread around. His magic was low, and it would take a few days to recharge. He probably wouldn't be ready to use it again until the Jellicle Ball, if that ever happened, seeing the state of the junkyard.
He decided the best thing to do would be to find either Munkustrap or Old Deuteronomy. The cat decided to go looking for Munkustrap first, seeing as how he was second in command. Their leader was probably busy anyways, as he was a very important cat.
But, as he got closer to where Munkustrap usually sleeps with Demeter when it's close to the Jellicle Ball, he noticed even more issues. The place looked like it was unused, and did not have either of their scents. Usually, Mistoffelees could pick up Munkustrap's scent easily, as he smelled similar to the Rum Tum Tugger seeing as how they were related, but he couldn't smell him at all.
In fact, he didn't know if he recognized any scent.
"Mistoffelees!" Someone meowed, and he whipped around, ready to leap or cast a spell, whichever was easier at the moment.
In the distance, he saw a pure white figure on top of a tire. Although the cat was far off, he knew that there was only one cat in the junkyard who was completely white. His sister, Victoria, a gentle kitten who was soon to be a young queen.
On instinct, he teleported the short distance, silently appearing a little behind her. The kitten continued to look off in the distance before realizing he was not there, which confused him. Victoria is his sister, she grew up with him. She knows that he always teleports to others when they greet him, and that he always ends up a little behind them. It had started like that because he didn't have an amazing aim, but now he did it purely for the shock factor, and she always loved it. How had his own sister forgotten this?
She then turned directly into him.
It was at this moment that Mr. Mistoffelees realized, this cat did not look quite like his sister.
Victoria is a small queen kitten, with fluffy white hair on her head, arms, and legs. She generally wears a pink collar, which he knows they had found together. However, this cat is collarless, and obviously older than his sister. She is also not as graceful as his sister, as this cat stumbles into his side and almost falls off the tire before Mistoffelees grabs her.
"Mistoffelees! What are you doing?" She squealed. "I was looking all over for you earlier, we have to practice for the Jellicle Ball!"
He followed behind as she led the way over to another part of the junkyard, where more cats were gathered. His eyes scanned the crowd- Everyone looked vaguely familiar, but nothing  like the cats that he knew. In fact, everyone looked quite fuzzy. Or maybe that was just him.
Then, he passed out.
--
When Mr. Mistoffelees awoke, it was to a couple of cats surrounding him. On one side was the obviously worried Victoria, while a well-groomed gray cat was on his other side. It took him a minute to realize this was Munkustrap. 
Now that he was returning to his senses, it was easier to smell the tom, although it wast the smell he was familiar with. Besides that, the area around them seemed to be a different place then where the Jellicles usually hung around.
"Good," Munkustrap meowed in a voice that was more recognizable than his scent. "Glad to see you finally getting here. Now, it's daylight out and most of us want to get some sleep. You two better run through the performance quickly before we all leave."
"Oh, goody!" Cheered Victoria.
Throughout all this, Mistoffelees had stayed quiet, but no one seemed to notice.
"Mistoffelees, where's your coat and hat?" Someone called. Cassandra, who usually comes out only when needed, was suddenly next to him. She frowned. "You look... different. I just can't place it."
Someone who looked vaguely like Demeter came up next to her. "His face is very white!" She pointed out.
Mistoffelees frowned. Everyone knew that his face was white. He's a tuxedo cat, every part of him is black except for his lower legs, face, and chest. He also wears a bowtie around his neck, just as he always has.
As if reading his mind, a younger voice called, "His bowtie is smaller!"
Some of the cats around him frowned as they picked out some things that were apparently different about him. Tired of all this, he simply stood up.
"I don't know what you mean by jacket, hat, performance, or smaller bowtie. We all know that I only wear a small jacket during the ball. The only people around here who wear a jacket and hat are Jennyanydots, with the ridiculously large human-socks."
Everyone was silent.
"But... What about our performance?" Victoria asked quietly.
"Victoria, what do you mean?" He replied with a sigh. "Last year, at the Jellicle Ball, you had a first dance. Now, you have your true mating dance with Plato."
Everyone gasped, as if they knew something he didn't, but truely, he was tired of all this nonsense.
"Quiet!" He shouted, throwing his voice so it echoed around the other cats. "I don't understand what is happening. The Jellicle Ball is not till next week, we didn't start practice 'till tonight, none of you look or smell as you are supposed to, and my magic is going to need a very long break after this." He finished, taking a deep breath.
Everyone was silent around him, until Munkustrap stood and turned to where a majority of the cats were gathered.
"Jellicle Cats, I have figured it out." He announced.
The magic cat grumbled, "Oh, thank the Everlasting Cat..."
"This is not Mr. Mistoffelees."