An undeniable, beautifully, chaotic mess

Tessa's pov -
We are sitting in the car driving the fifteen hour drive to Vegas,

"You won't know how lucky are to be able to spend your life with the other half of your soul until you have to spend your life without them," he said in his speech.

I couldn't believe he actually said those words and in front of a room full of people, I couldn't hold back the tears, so I ran, like I always do but of course Hardin being Hardin followed me like he always does. The past few years being apart have been absolute hell, it needed to happen for us both to grow individually and be ready for each other again but that doesn't mean it wasn't hard. Hardin was so shocked when I asked if he still wanted to marry me and as soon as  he realised how serious I actually was he wanted to drive to Vegas then and there, probably so I wouldn't change my mind.

We've been driving for four hours now and he must of asked at least ten times if I'm sure about this, I grew up dreaming of a big wedding surrounded by those closest to me but that was my mothers influence then once my dad died my whole outlook changed and I didn't think I believed in marriage at all. Truth be told I couldn't be more sure of my decision me and Hardin have been through hell and back together since we met, we are a beautifully, chaotic mess that's bared so much heartache and complications and I beleive running away together for a small intimate wedding for just us two really sums us up.

Hardin's pov
When I arrived at Landon's wedding today to be his best man I did not for one second think I would be running out mid reception to marry Tessa, My Tessa. It's crazy how much this woman has turned my whole life around, I always hated the concept of marriage and swore I would never marry, the endless fights with Tess over marriage and kids were ridiculous yet it ended up me begging her multiple times to be my wife and in all honesty I never thought it would happen yet here we are six hours into the fifteen hour drive to become husband and wife I am one lucky asshole.

I can't help myself from asking her if she is truly sure about this, I need her to be sure I don't want her to feel forced or rushed and if she does I won't hesitate to turn around and head back to the wedding,

"Hardin will you stop asking, I love you, I love you so much, living without you by my side these past couple of years has been hell for me and for you I am not going to waste anymore time apart. I want to spend the rest of my life with you as your wife because lets face it we are truly inevitable."

That is all it took for me to know that we are definitely doing this we are going to be husband and wife in a matter of hours and she'll be my Tess forever and always I couldn't be any happier than I am right now. Tess has been asleep for the past hour leaving me in my thoughts, I cant help but think back to when this all started it still knocks me sick that I made a bet for her virginity I will never truly forgive myself for degrading her like that but I can't help but selfishly be happy because if that never happened we wouldn't be here about to get married, making her my Tess forever.

It started off as a bet but the closer me and Tess got the more I needed to explore her, she was invading my thoughts and dreams constantly and it absolutely terrified me, she was swallowing me whole and slowly knocking down the walls that I spent my whole life building around myself but I couldn't fight it anymore no matter how hard I tried. When I was sat there wondering about the silliest things about her like how long she takes to get ready that's when I knew that she was more than the game I was playing and in my sick and twisted mind I was happy that I could use the bet because at least I had that excuse to spend all my time with her.

Before she walked into my life it was dark and miserable and had no purpose but she awakened me she brought the life and laughter back in and when her lips touched mine for the first time I knew that I would never be the same again. Tess pushed buttons in me that I didn't even know I had and the time we spent together just made my feelings grow stronger, I grew protective of her from early on and throughout our time together I didn't realise when my protection turned into control.

"What you thinking about?" she asks breaking me from my thoughts with her beautiful sleepy voice.

"Us, the first time I seen you and how you turned my life around, you have no idea how much you have done for me Tess, I was a broken man when you walked into my life and you stuck around through all of my shit and made me into a better version of myself," she smiles that beautiful smile and leans in kissing my cheek.

"No Hardin that was all you, you've always been a better version of yourself you just hid it well, you done this and I'll always stick by your side."she says. I can't believe how lucky I am, I bring her hand to my mouth and kiss it gently whilst she snuggles her head on my shoulder.

Tessa's pov
I must have drifted off because I'm being woken up by Hardin gently shoving my shoulder.

"Tess, baby we are here..." I slowly sit myself up rubbing the sleep from my eyes then look over at Hardin smiling at me.

He cups my face in his hand and kisses me gently as if he's scared I will break.

"I've booked us into a hotel, we also have to go to the local courthouse to pick up a marriage licence which we forgot in the excitement of doing this," he says slightly laughing.

"Oh my god how did we forget such a thing," I quickly respond slowly starting to get stressed at how little we have prepared for this he must sense my panic because he turns m head to face him.

"Baby it's going to be fine I am going to make this as perfect as it can be for you, the hotel is booked we collect the licence in an hour, I've booked the chapel for 6pm so we have a few hours to get sorted and cleaned up," oh god he's so perfect and all mine.

"It will be perfect regardless because we are together, I love you so much Hardin," I say before we both kiss again.

The next few hours are spent checking into the hotel and cleaning up, we head out to pick up the marriage licence and we also pick up some matching rings, I can't believe this is happening in less than three hours I will be marrying my soulmate. Once we are heading back to the hotel I come across a few clothing stores and stare down at what I'm wearing.

"Hardin I'm going to get something else to wear," I say heading into the store I decide on a white crochet floral lace bodycon dress and Hardin decides to grab a new pair of black slacks and white button up shirt still refusing to wear a tie.

Once we are back at the hotel and I've curled my hair and put some make-up on I'm standing in the mirror staring at myself when Hardin comes up behind me.

"Wow, your so fucking perfect baby," he says kissing my neck and wrapping his arms around my waist hugging me, I can't help but smile at the image of us in the mirror, he's a pain in my ass but I couldn't live without him even though our families aren't here I honestly cannot wait to marry him and become his wife.

"Ready Mrs Scott?" he asks holding his arm out and butterflies instantly start dancing around in the pit of my stomach.

Hardin's pov
"You may now kiss your bride," the priest says smiling down at me and Tess, I grab her in my arms and kiss her like my life depends on it.

I can't fucking believe it I woke up yesterday nervous as hell thinking I wouldn't get so much as a hello from her and here I am standing at an alter after saying our vows kissing my WIFE, Tessa fucking Scott.

*okay so here is an alternate ending to  what happens at Landon's wedding, hope you enjoy this one shot, vote and let me know your thoughts*