Chapter 7

"What?" He looks away for a second.

"He was having dinner with her. She was trying to make us a family again."

"We are a family." He sighs.

"I got so angry seeing him so I snapped. I called him a dead beat and he hit me twice."

"He hit you?" I asked. He nods. Trent lets out a dry laugh.

"Deon barely left him breathing." I glanced at Trent.

"It's not funny, Trent." He stands up straight.

"I'm trying to make something good out of a bad situation."

"I don't care. Deon could have gone to jail tonight if he did kill him. You should have stopped him." He gets in my face.

"Ben deserves what he got." Noah took a few steps towards us to place his hand on Trent's chest. Trent looked at him.

"There's no need to get in her face." He said. Trent let out a dry laugh before turning back to me.

"What are you sleeping with every guy on campus already?" My jaw dropped.

"Excuse me?" I snapped. Deon yanked him back by his shirt. Trent looked at him.

"You don't get to talk to my sister like that. I don't care if you still have feelings for her or not. You will respect her." Trent glanced at me and sighed.

"I'm sorry." I shake my head.

"I don't want your damn apology, Trent. I stopped listening to them when you cheated on me. I just want you to keep my brother out of trouble or I will beat your ass." He sighs. I turned to Deon. He was currently glaring at Trent. I sighed. "Where are you staying tonight?" He looks at me. 

"I was staying with mom because Kate is out of town for a few." I nod. 

"He can sleep in my room," Noah suggested. I looked at him. 

"Noah you can get in trouble if you get caught for having outsiders in your dorm." He shrugs. 

"I won't get in trouble even if I get caught." I give him a confused look. 

"What do you mean?" 

"My father is Peter Princeton." 

"You're father is the dean?" I asked. He nods. 

"Besides Eric and Levi do the room checks. They won't say anything." I shake my head. 

"No it's fine I can figure something out. I'm not going to ask you for anything." He tucks his hands in his pockets. 

"It's almost one in the morning, Hope. How long do expect to take?" I sighed. I turned to Deon. He looks at Noah and back at me. 

"I can just sleep in my car." 

"I have a dorm by myself with two beds and a couch. It wouldn't be that big of a problem." Noah said. Deon nodded. 

"Alright, thanks, man." Noah nods. 

"Asshat can sleep in there too," Noah said as he tucks his hands in his jeans. I glance at Noah as he looks at me. He shrugged. "He pissed me off." I shake my head. 

"No one asked-." Trent started. I turned to him. 

"Just shut up." He grunts and turns. 

"Do you know where Eric and Levi's dorm is?" Noah asked. I nod. 

"Yeah," 

"Mine in across from theirs." He dangled the keys in front of me and I grabbed them. "Go ahead and take them there. If anyone asks just mention me. No one will say something after." 

"Okay," He glances at Trent and Deon before turning back to me. 

"I'm going to break up my party before I have a mess to pick up." He turned around and started walking away. 

"Thank you," He held up his hand to show me he heard me. I took a deep breath before turning to Deon and Trent. Deon smiled. 

"He's a nice guy." I nod. 

"Don't be fooled. He's the captain of DSP." Deon let out a small laugh. 

"I see." I glanced down at the keys and sighed. When I got to Eric and Trent's dorm I turned to the one across from theirs. I unlocked the doors and opened them. I turned on the lights and glanced around the room for a few seconds. I turned to Deon and Trent to let them in. I heard voices in the hall and I glanced behind Trent to see Levi and that chick from the party walking down the hall. Deon and Trent walked in the room as Levi reaches the room. He gives me a confused look. 

"Are you waiting for Noah?" He asked. I glanced at the girl before turning my gaze on something else. 

"Yeah," I mumbled. 

"Good luck with that. Noah doesn't let girls stay over after he's done." The chick said. I looked back at her. I looked at Levi as he nodded. 

"First of all no one asked you for your input and second I'm not sleeping with Noah. But thanks for the information." I turned back towards the room and closed the door. "I'm not gonna sleep with a guy I know nothing about," I mumbled as I walked over to the table. I sat down as I grabbed my phone. 

"I see you haven't changed," Deon said. I looked up at him as he sits down next to me. 

"Just because I'm going to college doesn't mean I'm going to change." He smiles. 

"It changed me." I nod.

"I know but I don't want to change. I like who I am." 

"I do too." A knock on the door takes my attention and I get up. I walk over and open the door. Noah looks at me before walking in with Ivy behind him. She looked at me with a smile as she shuts the door. 

"Any problems?" Noah asked as he threw his jacket on his bed. I shake my head. 

"Not unless you count Levi's one-night stand basically calling me a hoe." He gives me a confused look. I shake my head and look away from him. "They thought I was waiting for you because I wanted to sleep with you." He lets out a dry laugh. 

"Yeah, because that seems like you."