II. MAD MEN

II.MAD MEN

After hours of raiding, they finally left, taking the girl with them.

Ragnar decided to spare the two.

Taking the monks as slaves, that they would sell back in Kattegat, Ragnar's mind wondered. These were strange people, they didn't even try to fight back.

The sand of the beach filled his boots, when their ship finally came into his view.

Ragnar looked to his right, where the small girl followed him. Strangely, she looked amazed.

"Tell me, girl, do you know how to fight?" He asked.

She lifted her bright eyes towards him. "No..." She let on. "But I learn quickly." Even after all of this, some spark of confidence shined trough her.

Ragnar scoffed.

He didn't know what he would do with the girl. He could just sell her with the other slaves, but he didn't want to.

Ragnar saw something in the fact that she hadn't yet begged for her life as all the other strange people here. Something told him that she wasn't like them, wasn't weak.

"What is your name?"

The girl didn't know how to answer. The monks never bothered naming her.

"I don't have a name." She truthfully answered.

Her answer made Ragnar even more confused.

"You were a slave to the priests?" He found himself curious.

She nodded.

His next words made him self smirk."You said you learn quickly?"

A sudden burst of hope glimpsed to the girl. "I do, yes."

"Then you are worth more as a warrior, then as a slave, Eivor." He met with her curious light eyes.

"Eivor?" She asked.

Ragnar smiles to himself. "You said you didn't have a name, now you have one."

Her lips parted as she blinked. Her eyes left Ragnar.

Eivor.

The name felt so foreign yet so familiar.

After Eivor finally gathered her thoughts, she looked back at the massive viking "What is your name?"

"Ragnar Lothbrok."

She had never heard a name like that before, so strange.

She didn't know it then, but maybe they were the thing that she would hope for to come. They came in like a hurricane, taking her with them.

Eivor was about to leave England, with the smoke from the burning monastery behind her.

«