"Pete? You okay?" I hear Rhodey ask, setting his plate in the sink.

I nodded, giving him the best smile I could before turning back to the dishes. I felt more anxious as the minutes ticked by. I didn't like the idea of being alone right now, and thinking about it was making it much worse.

Tony moved to the side of me, grabbing a towel and a dish from the sink.

"What're your doing? You have work to get to." I mumbled, still washing.

"I figured I could help you for a minute, no?"

I shrugged, still feeling anxiety roll through me.

He set the dish down. "What's wrong Pete?"

And that was enough for fresh tears to fill my eyes. "I'm sorry." I whispered.

"Why're you sorry?" He asked, concern seeping into his tone.

"Because I... I don't want you to go to work today." I explain, still facing the sink.

"Why not, Pete?"

I sigh, rubbing my hands over my face. "I keep thinking something is going to go wrong. I just... after last night..." I choke through my tears.

He wraps his arms around me, and I gladly accept his warmth. "Pretty bad nightmare, huh?"

I nod, holding onto the back "I've thought about it s-so much, and I'm worried. Because I love you and I don't know what I would do if something happened to you Tony."

His grip loosened, and he moved me away from him, looking me straight in the eye. I froze instantly, realizing what I'd said.

I told Tony I love him.

My face flushed, and I tried to out a few words together to explain myself, but nothing would come out.

"You love me?" His face was as serious as I'd ever seen. "You love me how?"

I've already said this much, I might as well tell him the rest of it. I hid my eyes from his, not knowing if I could look at him once I did. Nerves spiked through me, but I took a deep breath.

"I'm in love with you, Tony." I whispered.

He stood still for a moment, most likely taking in what I said. My heartbeat was ringing through my ears as I waited for him to say something.

His lips turned up into a smile. "Noted."

He pulls me back into his arms, kissing my forehead. My nerves fade away slightly, and I release the breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Peter." He pulls me back, looking at me with a bright smile. "I'm in love with you too."

• Tony's POV •

When I woke up today, this was not at all what I had expected to happen. I had planned to hide what I felt, and take that to the grave with me.

But hey, Peter Parker is in love with me.

I pull him away from my chest, rubbing my thumb over his cheek. I notice his eyes lower to my lips, so I lean in, dragging his chin towards me. His soft lips meant mine, and I all but melted against him. It was slow and sweet, just like him.

It was short lived, as he pulled away slowly. His face flushed a bright pink, as he giggled, burying his face into my chest.

"I've waited so long for that." I heard him mumble.

I laughed, and he moved, staring up at me. "Me too."

I couldn't help the smile that broke out on my face. I kissed him again, before looking towards the clock. I sighed seeing as I had fifteen minutes before I was supposed to leave.

Peter frowned slightly knowing what that meant. And I absolutely did not want to leave him alone, not when this has just happened. One of the best things in my life. And he wasn't wanting to be alone right now. But I had taken a week and a half off of my duties, to be with Peter. Which I don't regret, but my company does need me.

"You have to go..." He mumbled, hugging me tightly.

"I do. But I won't if you want me to stay." I offer, even though I know Pep would kill me.

He laughed and shook his head. "No, no you need to go. I'll be okay."

I didn't fully believe him, because I know the lasting effects nightmares can have. I know he struggles with anxiety, and I don't want him to feel abandoned.

I lifted him into my arms, and he giggled, as I carried him towards the couch. I sat him down, wrapped his favorite blanket around him, and gave him the remote.

I kissed his forehead, and he flushed pink again. "I'll be back."

I went to get dressed, and once I closed my door, I took a deep breath.

It's hard to believe that Peter Parker, loves me. I thought that I wouldn't ever find someone as great as him. I put on a suit, styled my hair, and grabbed my glasses, then walked back out the door. I was, unfortunately, ready for work.

Peter glanced over at me with wide eyes.

"Is something wrong?"

He shakes his head quickly. "N-no, not at all. You look amazing."

I felt heat rise to my face, as I winked at him. "You don't look too bad yourself, doll."

He blushed, scrunching his nose. "T-thanks Tony. You are about to be late."

I knelt in front of him. "You're sure you will be okay? Because I'll stay Pete."

He shook his head. "I'll be okay Tony. Go to work before Pepper kicks your ass."

I laughed, and met his lips once more. "I'm just a call away if you need me."

I stood, taking his face in my hands, stealing one more kiss, which he returned happily. "I love you."

He blushed again. "I love you too Tony."

And with that I walked towards the elevator.

"Doll, don't blow anything up while I'm gone! And don't talk shit on me with Friday anymore!"

He laughed, and called back. "To be fair she started it!"

"Boss, I most certainly did not."

I stepped into the elevator, laughing as the doors closed. And soon, I am rushing out the doors, off to my first meeting for the day, with a smile on my face.

Edited 10•04•21