Chapter 12

(Christian P.O.V)

My mind is running a million miles a minute about what Chase told me. Were both virgins that much was obvious. What frustrates me the most was the way he always said 'person'. Why didn't he say a girl or a boy? It's so frustrating having to guess or assume things about him.

For one he never really flirts or looks at me strange but we text constantly and he has been calling me every night for the past week or so. Plus we went on a friend date but it wasn't really a date so I guess it doesn't count. He comes and sees me at the bar at least once or twice a week but he could also just want a drink.

This is very stressful.

I could always just ask him but I don't want to get the answer I'm afraid of. All I can do is wait and see where things go and wait for what happens and doesn't happen with us. This is our chance to become friends and fix what happened with us in high school and I don't want things ruined with my impatient personality.

I walk back into the kitchen and to get a glass of water and hear Chase's faint snores from the couch. He must have really used a lot of energy on the man from the bar. I tip toe to him and look down on his sleeping figure. The light from the kitchen out lines his face a little and it makes me smile. He really is a beautiful person. From his small but firm nose to his beautiful black hair. At the moment I wish he would open his eyes so I can look into his beautiful brown ones. I take my hand and carefully place my finger tips and push his hair away from his forhead just to touch him. It was like a small moment for myself for I didn't know if I would ever have a chance to do this again. This would be a moment I would cherish forever in my memory if I never get to do it again and I just want to savor it. I run my finger from his forhead down across his smooth cheek. I feel his little stubble over his chin and I carefully run my thumb over his soft lips. I smile down at him and turn and walk back to my bedroom.

I lay down on my bed and and place my hand over my heart. My heart was pounding over just the smallest of contact with him. I wonder if Chase would ever see me more as just a friend. Or if he even thinks of me at all.

I've loved Chase for so long and I would hate to ruin a friendship over a crush and him leave me because of it. So for as long as it takes; even if it is forever; I'll keep these feelings to myself and keep Chase as close to me as I can, even if it is just as a friend.