Twenty-Five|| Date

Začít od začátku

"What do you have planned?" I asked suspiciously, slipping on my black ripped jeans and red plaid flannel.

"Come on," he said with a chuckle, offering his hand out to mine. I took it and he interlaced our fingers. I walked by his side through the shrubbery until we came to a break in the woods.

We exited from underneath the shadows cast by the treetops, and I once again felt the unfiltered warmth of the sun on my skin. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply, scenting the smell of the wildlife around me.

When I opened my eyes, my jaw dropped in surprise, a gasp of awe escaping my lips breathlessly.

Evan had led me to a meadow, and it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. "Come on," he said with a laugh, seeming satisfied with my reaction.

He led me over to a blanket and sat down on it next to a basket. "When did this stuff get put here?" I asked.

"It's amazing what I can get my Beta to do on short notice," Evan said teasingly, and I laughed.

"Orion did this?"

"No, he told Mila to do it for him," Evan corrected, and his eyes met mine. We both laughed. Then, Evan shrugged. "But at least Mila wouldn't have a chance of accidentally putting poison in our food." he added.

"That is true, I do feel safer in Mila's hands," I agreed. Evan leaned close, his face inches from mine, his breath washing over my cheeks.

"Even safer than in mine?" he asked. He was teasing slightly, but the question was genuine, I could see it in his eyes. Either I'd gotten better at reading him, or he'd let down his walls.

"No. No one could ever make me feel as safe as you." I said, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him in for a slow, sensual kiss.

He rolled us over, pinning me gently to the ground, his lips working against mine slowly and gently. When we finally broke apart for air, I grinned up at him, and his grin matched my own.

"Let's eat." I declared.

"Oh, I'd like to eat something alright," I heard him mutter under his breath as he sat up, and I blushed.

Evan pulled out some sandwiches and grapes, and we ate, talking and laughing the entire time. When I was done eating I moved my body so I was in between Evan's legs, my head resting on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and we sat in silence for what felt like forever.

It wasn't an awkward silence, but a comfortable one. One I didn't mind at all.

After a while, Evan's body shifted slightly, and he cleared his throat. "As much as I'd like to sit here all day, I had plans." He reached into the basket and pulled something out. He masked what it was, closing the palm of his hand.

I heard him rustling around behind me, and suddenly his arms were around me again, his hands in my view.

It took me a moment to realize what he was holding in between his fingers.

It was a silver, seven stone diamond ring. It was platinum, of course, but it was so beautiful.

"Marry me," was all Evan said.

The ring and the proposal were everything that my mate was; simple, but beautiful. I looked up at him, my mouth parted in shock and awe. He looked down on me, his eyes a mask to me again.

"Please?" he added, sounding unsure of himself. I turned around, sitting myself in his lap, wrapping my legs around his waist.

"Yes, yes," I gasped, laughing breathlessly. "Yes, a thousand times yes."