The Man from the Ocean -Jotakak [K I N D A]-

[This is an AU where Kakyoin, Avdol, & Polnareff are art students in university. Kakyoin keeps drawing and painting a man that he was positive he came up with, until he meets him in real life. Stands don't exist. it sounds dumb but bare with me. This now has it's own book h o o r a y]

[Also, because I couldn't resist, there's some Avpol]

"Hey, where's Kakyoin," Polnareff asked Avdol, sipping on his coffee, "He's usually here by now."

Avdol blew on his steaming tea and shrugged his shoulders, "I could text him, but I doubt he'd answer. He's probably caught up in a painting."

Polnareff sighed. Sure, he was used to Kakyoin being late whenever they decided to hang out somewhere, but he was never an hour late! 

"Polnareff, we could just go without him," Avdol placed a hand on Polnareff's shoulder,  smiling a bit, "We could spend some alone time together, and I have a project coming up, and I wanted to paint you for it."

The Frenchman smiled wide, "Yeah, we should just let Kakyoin paint, but it would be so fun, maybe we should wait for a few more-- Kakyoin!"

Avdol turned around and saw the red haired boy running towards them, "Avdol! Polnareff!" 

"Kakyoin, mon amie! Why are you so late?"

Kakyoin took a deep breath, calming down after running for so long, "I'm sorry, guys, I was painting and I forgot we were meeting up. Do you mind waiting some more while I order something?"

Avdol shook his head 'no' and smiled. 

"Non, non, not at all! I'm assuming you forgot to bring money again?" Polnareff took out his wallet and was about to hand Kakyoin $20 (Kakyoin, Polnareff and Avdol learned, has the ability to spend more that $10 in a cafe, but never remember about his money) when Kakyoin pulled out his own wallet from his canvas messenger bag.

"Nope, I remembered this time! I was tired of having to borrow money from you two, it made me feel bad," Kakyoin smiled sheepishly, "I'm gonna go order now, I swear I won't take long."

Polnareff stuffed his wallet back into his bag, "You can still paint me, mon amour, don't worry."

Avdol sipped on his tea, "I know. I'm really glad Kakyoin could make it, it would've been rather boring without him."

Polnareff scowled, "are you calling me boring?"

The Egyptian chuckled, "No, of course I'm not, Jean, you're the farthest from boring." 

"I'm back!" Kakyoin announced to his friends. He was carrying a trenta cup of what Polnareff and Avdol assumed was hot chocolate and a bag of at least three cookies.

"Did you buy a cookie for all of us, mon amie?" Polnareff asked, teasingly. [That sentence is awkward, sorry]

"Ummm, I could go buy more, if you guys want--"

"It was a joke! A joke, Kakyoin!  Anyway, we should get going now. We're gonna miss our bus," Polnareff slung his bag over his shoulder, and downed the rest of his coffee, throwing the paper cup out. Avdol  finished his tea rather quickly, putting his bag on and following Polnareff out of the cafe. Kakyoin was already outside and heading for the bus stop.

--Timeskip to once they get off the bus and are heading to a park--

"So, where are we setting up our stuff? I'm thinking in front of the big lake, but that's quite far away," Kakyoin suggested.

 "A bit of walking won't hurt. We've been cooped up in school for so long with projects and the art show coming up that we didn't even get a chance to get fresh air or go for a proper walk," Avdol said, "Also, congratulations on being in the art show, Kakyoin! Mr. Joestar [Jonathan] really likes you work, apparently. Which paintings are you showcasing?"