𝐗𝐈𝐕

----- act two, DANGEROUS TRUTHS
Chapter 14. Race Against Time

A HOSPITAL
MASSACHUSETTS, U.S.A
7:48 P.M.

LOCKED IN A ONE-SIDED SCREAMING MATCH IN THE WAITING ROOM WITH A DOCTOR WAS KLAUS MIKAELSON.

"YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT IS GOOD FOR MY DAUGHTER!" Klaus yelled.

"S-Sir, I-I'm afraid w-we can't let you i-in," the doctor trembled in fear. A police officer walked into the hospital, trying to step in only to fail.

Rebekah was sobbing her eyes out in the corner. Marcel was right alongside her in an attempt to comfort her.

Kol was pacing back and forth, nearly pulling his hair out as he attempted to not start a fight with his niece's mate's family outside. Davina was not with him, but rather trying her hardest to keep Astrid alive until Freya arrived.

Elijah was nowhere to be seen. Though, knowing him, he was most likely fixing the legal mess that had been caused.

Freya, Finn, and Sage had yet to arrive, though they had been told by Elijah of their niece's situation and were on their way.

In a quiet, separate room lay the comatose Astrid. Davina was there, frantically searching through a spellbook in an attempt to find a counter-active spell for the poison.

Klaus's anger was slowly boiling, and no one wanted to be around when he finally blew the top. He paced furiously back and forth, teeth gritted as he forced himself to not turn at that very moment. He would be having a "word" with the coward responsible for his daughter's ailment.

Kol was now leaning against the wall, talking quickly and quietly with Freya on the phone, though his voice was far too quiet for anyone other than the vampires in the room to hear.

About five minutes later, the remaining Mikaelsons and Sage arrived.

Freya walked right past the others after being informed of Astrid's location by Klaus.

She couldn't save her own child, but she would be damned if she couldn't at least save her niece.

What kind of witch would she be if she couldn't even buy her time?