Nineteen|| Gifted

Start from the beginning

Summer had a bounce in her step and she took off in a streak of white. Lance was quick to follow, a wolfish grin on his muzzle.

I ran after them, my paws skidding through the dirt, mentally laughing as Summer and Lance tackled each other, chasing each other in a game of tag.

Hey. Evan's voice echoed in my head and I paused.

Hi. What's up? I asked.

I thought I'd check in on you today. How's Ariel?

Still out cold.

Really? It's been three days. Evan remarked.

Yeah, I know. I replied. How are you? Any closer to finding Charlie?

We're so close, I can feel it. I just wanted to talk to you. Evan's voice was filled with longing, and my wolf whined for him.

I miss you too. I said.

Phoebe came trotted over and rubbed her body alongside mine, nudging me with her head.

What are you doing right now? Evan asked me.

We're out for a run. We were bored and feeling a bit of cabin fever. I replied.

Okay. Well, I'll let you go. I'll call you tonight, okay?

Okay. I said quietly. Come home soon.

I will. Bye baby.

I stopped, surprised. Evan never used pet names. He must really miss me.

--------------------

I walked out of the room, shrugging on the red plaid flannel over the white t-shirt I had on. I had slipped on some light blue jeans, a belt and black combat boots.

My phone rang again and I checked the I.D. It was Anna.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked.

"It's Emmy. She's really upset. She wants you."

"I'm on my way." I replied immediately.

I hurried downstairs, finding the key holder and digging through it.

"Looking for these?"

I turned to see Hudson casually leaned up against the doorframe, holding up a set of keys. "Come on, I'll take you." He gestured with his head for me to follow him.

"Thanks." I said with relief.

I wasn't going to shift and run without an escort, but now that Hudson was coming with me, we were free to shift and get to my pack so much faster.

I slipped my shirt back on and walked out of the trees, spotting Hudson as he shrugged his t-shirt back on, talking to one of the guards at the gate.

The guard noticed me and bowed his head, his eyes on the ground. "Luna," he greeted me.

"Hey Ivan." I smiled gently at him, and he seemed surprised I remembered his name.

"Come on." Hudson gestured for me to follow him.

We hurried into the pack house and I found Anna in the flat, she looked exhausted.

"Where is she?" I asked. Anna gestured to the room, putting her hand on her head.

I pushed open Emmy's daisy yellow door, finding her hiding underneath her Frozen comforter, her face a picture of sadness.

"Taylor!" She cried softly, and I hurried over to her, sitting on the edge of the bed, stroking her short blonde hair away from her face.