"If you can what?" Jemma asked.

"If I can be with him. I don't know if I'm right for this. For him."

"The fact that you're questioning yourself shows me that you are." Jemma told me. I was beyond confused, stating after her as she walked away.

In the distance I heard a small explosion, catching both of our attention. I scrambled to my feet and we ran upstairs, following the sound into the backyard.

"What happened?" Jemma asked.

I saw James and Phoebe standing in the middle of the field, laughing hard. On a tree stump rested a broken bottle, pieces of the shattered glass scattered around the stump.

"She made it explode instead of heat," Hudson explained from his spot on the porch.

I laughed with the others, walking back onto the porch.

Hudson nudged me as I passed him and I nudged him back.

"Where's Evan?" Hudson asked.

"He's on the phone." I replied. His clear blue eyes were directed away from me and he nodded in the direction he was looking.

"Not anymore."

I turned to see Evan walking back from the woods, looking serious and bothered.

He leaped over the steps up to the back porch and walked over to me, taking my hand in his silently and pulling me with him inside.

"Wh- what?"

He ignored my confused statement and pulled me into a small room.

I looked around.

"Evan this is the bathroom," I said, stating the obvious. "What are you-"

"Charlie." He said, and I stopped talking.

"What about him?"

Was Evan's brother dead?

"We may have a good lead. I may know where he is, for real this time." Evan told me.

"Where?" I asked.

"Germany."

"I'm sorry what?" I demanded. "Germany? Really? Are you sure?"

"I'm sure. Axel's sure." Evan said, his voice quiet and breathless. "I- I have to-"

"I know," I cut him off, taking his face in my hands. "Go get your brother, Evan. I'll be fine."

"I- I don't want to-"

"I know." I interrupted him again. "I know. I'll be fine."

He nodded, giving me a sweet kiss. "Thank you."

He left me side and opened the door, moving to leave. My hand caught his arm and I stopped him.

"Evan," I said slowly, and he paused, his blue eyes staring at me. "Just remember, we don't know what he's been through. We don't know what they did to him.  Torture changes people, Evan, I would know."

His eyes darkened at the thought, his face turning into a grimace.

"If you're trying to warn me he may be damaged, I know."

"No, Evan." I said, shaking my head. "Well, yes- but no. I'm saying the man you bring home may not be your brother anymore. You have to be ready to accept that."

"I know." Evan replied, his eyes searching me. "I know," He repeated, leaving the bathroom.

I walked out, following him outside and standing on the front porch, watching him get in the car to drive away.