Chapter 39- She's Come Undone

Start from the beginning

"Ric says that it won't work because even when she thinks about them, she's found a way to block them out. They can't even reach her now, while she's weak," Vivianne relays.

They all fall back before Elena comes back with an idea. "What if I talk to her? You said it yourself, Vivianne, she's spent her life putting me first because she's my big sister."

Damon starts nodding. "Yeah, we can all take her down memory lane. Eventually, one of us might get a reaction," he adds and everyone agrees. They all take turns visiting a now awake Jessica in the cellar. Elena recalls memories of going to their families lakehouse and the sleepovers they used to have at their house but Jessica pushes it off, saying that taking them to the lakehouse was a way for Grayson to train her to hunt vampires and read the journals and she was woken by her parents at every sleepover to go to council meetings.

Next, Caroline tries reminding her of when they first met and when that doesn't work, she brings up when she became a vampire but Jessica doesn't react at all. Damon tries to reminisce about all their good memories in their relationship but she quickly stops it by pointing out that he's with Elena and he cheated on her with Katherine. Stefan doesn't even try because Vivianne points out that anger and hate aren't the emotions they are trying to invoke. Vivianne makes an effort but when she doesn't get the reaction she wants, she starts yelling and Damon has to drag her out, reminding her of her previous statement. Meredith comes back and goes to give Jessica her change of clothes.

She pushes them through the holes in the top of the door and Jessica looks at her skeptically. "You're not even trying to convince me and why couldn't you just hand them to me?"

"I'm not trying because most of our memories are crying over ex-boyfriends and any good memory I try you'll just remind me that I pretended to be you. As for the clothes, Damon said I'm not allowed to open the door because even without magic you can overpower us all," Meredith answers and Jessica nods as Meredith goes back upstairs, walking into an argument.

"No, it's too dangerous," Elena denies.

"He'll be fine. We'll give him Jeremy's ring," Damon claims and Meredith figures out what they are talking about.

"You want to give Matt Jeremy's ring and then kill him in front of Jessica?" She queries just to be sure. Damon nods with a smirk and Meredith shuts him down. "It won't work."

"Oh and why not, princess?"

"Because, Jessica already doesn't want to turn her emotions on. Show her something that she won't want to feel, like one of her best friends getting killed, and she'll pull away even more. She won't feel the relief because her emotions won't be close enough to grasp."

Damon takes a deep breath before sighing. "Fine, I know who we can call then," he says, taking out his phone.

"Who?" Stefan asks, seeing the upset look on his brother's face.

"The person who started this," he responds as they pick up the phone. "Klaus, we need your help. It's Jessica," Damon tells him.

"I'll be there soon," comes his immediate response before the dial tone sounds. Before they can process what just happened, Klaus walks into the parlor. "Where is she? What happened?" He demands, worried, something they all catch.

"She's fine," Caroline begins, figuring she'll be the best option to calm him. "She's in the cellar. We've all tried to get her to flip the switch but it hasn't worked. We hoped maybe you could do it."

"I'll try," he says, walking into the cellar and to the door, he's about to open it, when her voice stops him.

"I wouldn't, they'll yell at you," she informs him, sounding weak, yet with her same condescending, cocky tone behind each word. "If you open it, I might escape." She studies him. "Why'd they send you? What'll you talk about, me trying to bring my parents back? Or maybe my obsession with how I would get Damon to fall for me if he was still here when I got back? Cheerleading, Miss Mystic Falls? Maybe the way you got me to fall for you right before you cheated on me, total dick move b.t.dubs.

The Special Gilbert (The Fun Gilbert Book 2)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara