Twelve|| I'm Sorry Too

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, probably."

I led him inside, using my hand and the code to unlock the door.

He paused in the hallway, bringing me back to him and cupping my face in his hands, his thumb stroking my lips.

He leaned down and gave me a soft, sweet kiss.

My heart fluttered, and I closed my eyes, relishing the feeling of his lips against mine.

"I like this look," Evan ran his hands down my side, feeling the sift sweater. "Makes you look warm, and... studious."

I laughed at him and led him into the dining room.

“It’s the lovebirds!” James crowed from his seat, smirking as we walked in. “We were just talking about you!”

Jack screwed up his nose. “No we weren’t,” he objected.

“Oh shush, Portals, they don’t know that.” Hudson replied.

“Don’t listen to him, Jack. we always have to tell the truth unless it’s lying for a good reason,” Daisy said.

“You’re no fun,” Hudson told her, and she stuck her tongue out at him, a gesture he mirrored.

“Seriously, Hudson? What are you, five?” Evan asked, sitting down. I sat down next to him, and underneath the table his hand drifted to my thigh, resting there.

“Shut up,” Hudson fired back.

“Hey!” Ariel scolded. “There are kids in here!” she reached over and covered James’ ears, grinning mischievously. I giggled.

James scowled at her. “Har har, very funny.”

“You suck,” Hudson said to Ariel.

“Hudson!” Ariel chided.

“Oh be quiet,” he waved his fork dismissively at her, and she raised her eyebrows with an ‘oh really?’ expression. Isabella snickered.

“Watch your back, Hudson. If there’s anything Ariel’s good at, it’s getting the best kind of revenge,” Sarah and Ivy nodded in agreement.

“Hey, are we fighting later?” Rebecca asked Ariel, and Ariel nodded, smiling.

“Are you sure you wanna do that?” James asked her, and Ariel’s eyes narrowed.

“Do you take me for a pansy?” she retorted, and then she smiled sweetly. “Oh wait, I forgot, that’s what you are.”

“Oh, my feelings are hurt,” James said sarcastically. Then he rolled his eyes. “Can’t eat a meal in peace.”

“You started it,” Isabella pointed out. James looked to Willow.

“Nothing from you?”

Willow simply shrugged. “You can’t expect me to get mad at her. You did start it.”

“Why are you asking the girl to stand up for you? Grow a pair and stand up for yourself,” Tristan teased.

James threw his hands up in the air. “No respect,” he said with exasperation. “I give up on you barbarians.”

“Shut up James,” we chorused.

------------------------

"Hey," I greeted Evan as he walked out onto the balcony, sitting next to me.

"It's nice out here," he commented.

"This is my favorite spot." I agreed. "I actually slept out here last night," I laughed at myself.