She blocked my leg and pushed me away.

I stumbled to maintain my balance, backing away.

"Mind if I have a go?" Axel approached us, his leather jacket gone.

Sarah gestured for him to take the floor, and Axel walked forward, standing in front of me.

"How experienced are you?" He questioned as we circled each other.

"Experienced enough. She's just better than me." I replied.

He nodded, and then he came at me. I avoided his punches, and he looked at me strangely.

"What are you doing?" He asked as I kept backing away, never taking a shot.

I said nothing, I just hit the ground and swept my leg around, sweeping his legs out from underneath him.

He landed on his back and I pinned him, one hand at his throat, the other hovering in a fist, ready to finish him.

"You were waiting for me to be unbalanced," he noted.

"And studying your form," I added. I jumped to my feet and offered him my hand.

He took it and I helped him up.

"Again." He said.

"Fine." I said with a shrug. He punched straight forward and I grabbed his hand, twisting it.

His eyes widened in surprise, but he had no time to react before I was spinning around and using his hip to step up and wrap my legs around his neck, twisting my body around so he landed on his back with my legs around his neck.

I pinned his hand to the ground and Sarah gasped.

"Oh my Goddess!"

I unhooked my legs and moved to the side, helping Axel up.

"I'm trying to spar and you're using freaking martial arts," Axel said, jumping to his feet. "That's unfair."

"Want me to spar?" I asked. "Okay."

Axel came at me again, and this time I left out my martial arts training.

He grabbed me by my shoulders and kneed me in the stomach. I swung his arms around and pinned them with mine, swinging my head forward and slamming mine into his.

Axel backed up and got the upper hand, throwing me on defensive.

I ducked and braced myself on the mat, picking my feet up and kicking Axel in the stomach.

"No assassin stuff!" Axel said.

"Like you don't know it," I retorted.

"Fine." Axel came at me with brand new moves, and it presented a bit of a challenge for me.

I hit him across the face and he bent sideways, which I used to roll over his back. Once my feet hit the ground I hit him again as he rose up and ducked down again, kicking his feet out from under him.

"Sarah!" Axel backed away, laughing breathlessly. "Come give her an ass kicking for me!"

Sarah came back onto the mat while Axel stepped off, grinning.

Sarah curled her fingers, and a ball of flames appeared.

My eyes widened as she threw it towards me.

I hit the ground on one knee, my hand hitting the mat, palm flat.

I surged, the vibrations knocking Sarah off her feet.

"Uh oh." Sarah wasn't looking at me, she was looking away from me.

Evan was storming across the grass towards Orion, who was teaching a couple of the soliders.