"I love them, thank you so much."

His expression was one of relief for a split second, but he schooled it back to its usual calm.

"Your singing voice is amazing by the way, why don't you sing more often?"

I could feel a blush start to creep across my face at his praise, but I swallowed it down answering his question.

"I don't know, I just don't like being the center of attention I guess?"

' At least when I don't have something hiding my identity.'

"Could've guessed that with how much you avoided your birthday party."

I laughed genuinely at his comment, hugging the flowers tight to my chest.

"Maybe you could try singing with Rose for Kitty Section. You'd be great."

"I'll have to think about it."

"Don't pressure her, besides who would help us with our makeup if she was singing?"

Juleka rejoined the conversation with Rose, just as I bent down to collect the other flowers I received and my bag off the floor.

"I could multitask?"

"Maybe it's a good thing you're not riding with Luka, I don't know how you would manage with all those flowers."

Rose giggled and held hers to her chest with a huge grin.

"Guess you're going to need a lot of vases."

I stood from my crouched position, successfully holding all of my things. My phone went off with a text that the car was ready just as I began to speak.

"Perfect timing, I'll meet you guys at the house. And Rose, have fun at dinner."

"I'll walk you out."

Luka didn't leave room for debate, simply taking my arm and leading me through the dissipating crowd of people. I let him lead me to the front of the foyer, where he stopped right outside the door.

"I'm assuming you and Trevor talked things through now?"

"Ya, he called during rehearsal."

"Either way, I want you to come to me if he does anything to make you uncomfortable."

My eyes widened at his implication, and I felt a burning sense of sudden anger that he would speak about my friend in such a way.

"Trevor can be a major idiot sometimes but he would never do anything to me."

"I guess I'll have to get to know him then."

There was an awkward silence that sat between the two of us. This was new territory for us because very rarely was there any tension between us.

The snow continued to fall in full clumps of flakes outside, the rays of the sun replaced with the moon. The salted steps to the street already had an inch of dusted snow which people were already trudging through to get to their cars. The sight was memorable for a quiet, almost enchanting moment.

"It's so pretty."

From my peripheral vision, I could see his subtle nod of agreement.

"It is."

The sounds of the other families seemed to drown out into a hum.

"Thank you for moving here."

"Um, you're welcome?"

I giggled, accidentally interrupting him. He looked down at me before finishing. Our eyes locked in an unwavering moment. E/c eyes against cyan ones.

"You've changed this friend group for the better."

His hand hovered near mine as if he would reach out if I wasn't holding so much stuff. I let out a short nervous breath.

"I'm glad I'm here too."

A snowball to the side of Trevor's head was the first thing I focused on when getting out of the cab. He leveled me with a glare, slamming the door. A mischievous glint in his eyes. I, very maturely, stuck my tongue out at him and raced up the steps to my front door. Almost tripping with the amount of things I was carrying, he followed having to walk around the backside of the car.

I open the door quickly and shrug my coat off. I could feel Trev chasing after me and shoving his shoes off with his arms full. I make it to the kitchen island and drop my flowers in a heap on the island. Sprinting, sliding on the hardwoods with my socks, to my room.

Trevor's bags smacked against the floor somewhere behind me and his laughs followed me down the hall.

"Come here Y/n~"

"Stop talking like that you weirdo."

I reached my doorway just to be yanked from behind, I squealed as his arms wrapped around me and long fingers tickled my sides.

"Stop...haha..I-I can't breathe"

"Oh, what was that I couldn't hear you over your laughing?"

He wheezed and continued to mercilessly tickle me. Finally, after a few minutes, his attacks ceased. I slumped in his arms gulping in breaths of his cologne, my energy sapped.

"Not so talkative now?"

"Shut up idiot."

I gasped out while wrapping my arms around him, bringing him tight to my chest. We stood for a while in my dark hall, silent, safe for our breathing and heartbeats.

"I'm so sorry."

He buried his head deep into my hair.

"God I'm so sorry."

I tightened my grip on him.

"It's ok, we're ok now. I'm not going anywhere."

"Maybe we should have paid that cab driver extra to stick around a bit longer."

I commented as I peeked out the front window at the blizzard outside. I almost didn't notice the black limo parked up against the curb.

"Adrien is he-?"

I was cut off by my doorbell ringing, Trevor gave me a weird look.

"Isn't it a little late for visitors?"

I glided past him.

"Not to mention his dad would never let him out of the house in this."

I mumbled as I unlocked the front door. I was faced with a bouquet of red roses much larger than my head. I looked up to see the 'gorilla' Adrien's bodyguard standing in the snow with a sour face while holding the ginormous flower arrangement.

"Come in come in you'll freeze out there!"

I ushered him into the house. He grunted at me, but to be fair I wasn't expecting a reply in the first place. Nevertheless, he stepped inside. He visibly exhaled at the warmth of the house as I closed the door.

"Don't worry, Snickers is at the dog sitters."

We had problems with Adrien's bodyguard and Snickers in the past. He was just slightly overprotective of me and his house. So for a man the size of the 'Gorilla,' he posed a supposed threat.

"If you could, would you mind setting them on the table with the other flowers?"

He nodded and made his way across the room to the kitchen. Where Trevor and I had found various vases and large glasses to put the other flowers I received in. Now they all stood in a mismatched array on my kitchen island.

Trevor side-eyed him from where he leaned up against the fridge but continued to scroll through his phone. He set the flowers on the table with a grunt and turned to me.

"Drive safe out there and Merry Christmas!"

He walked to the door gave me a final nod and left. I stared at the door for a few seconds before the silence was rudely interrupted.

"He's talkative."

"Oh my god shut up!"

Trevor chuckled, pushing off of the counter lazily.

"Let's get going."