Shell Monster

Y/n
I was reading a book when I heard the front door open with Steven smiling happily with his hands behind his back
"What are you doing Steven"? I asked while closing my book.
"I made you a shell bracelet"! Steven said while opening up his hand to show me it. Before I could even say anything Steven started to speak.
"I know how much you love the beach, so I just thought-". I cut him off by giving him a hug.
"I love it Steven". I said while putting on my left wrist.
"I'm glad you like it Y/n". Steven said with a blush. I smiled at him, and then the temple door opened with Garnet walking out.
"Hey Garnet" Steven said while waving.
"Hello Steven". Garnet replied.
"Have any cool missions to to go on"? I asked.
"I have one, but do you two want to come with"? Garnet asked with a smile.
"Yeah we do"! Steven and I yelled while running to the warp pad. The pad activated, and we were off. When we got there I gasped.
"It's an topical island"! I said with a smile.
"We live on a beach". Steven said while nudging my side.
"Still it looks like Mask island". I said with a smile. The three of us walked off the warp pad, and started walking around. There was topical flowers everywhere, and I had an idea. I picked a pink hibiscus, and put it in behind Steven's ear. Steven turned around, and gave me a look.
"What did you do"? Steven asked. I took out my phone, and took a picture of him. I showed it to him with a laugh.
"You look cute". I said with a smile. Steven blushed, but walked deeper in the field. He came back, and put a white hibiscus behind mine.
"There". Steven said with a smile. I smiled back at him, and I felt my checks heat up.
"Come on you two we have a monster to fine". Garnet called by the shore.
"Coming"! Steven said while garbing my hand. The three of walked a long the shore line keeping a look out for the gem monster.
"What's the deal with this monster anyway"? I asked.
"Humans use this island for resources, and they have been experiencing shortages". Garnet replied.
"What does she want with the resources"? Steven asked.
"That's our job to fine out". Garnet replied with a smile. After a bit of not finding anything we were thinking about going after side of the island.
"Y/n look out"! Steven said while pushing me out of the way.
"Steven"! I yelled while he got taken by a octopus. The octopus was a pale pink, and looked plump. Her blue eyes drifted to my left wrist, and she gave off a screech. Garnet summoned her gauntlets while I summoned my hummer. Steven summoned his bubble shield, so he could get free from the monster grasp. Steven pushed off the octopus monster, and I ran as fast has I got to catch him. I warped my arms around Steven's body, and sighed that he was safe. We heard a cry, and looked up to see the monster a few feet away of us. Steven and I got up, and Steven summoned his shield. Garnet creaked her knuckles, and ran up to the octopus. Steven and I ran beside Garnet ready fo fight. The monster got up, and the monster lunched her tentacles at us. I moved to the side, and whacked the tip of the tentacle with my hammer. She yelled out in pain, and Garnet punched her in her side. The monster started to spit out a pink sludge to get us away from her. We stared to run, but she lunched her tentacles at us again, but this time they were directed at me.
"Why is she after you"? Steven asked while dodging on of the way of sludge. I thought back to when we first encountered this octopus. If Steven didn't jump in the way she would of garbed me. And, when looked at Garnet and I she looked at my wrist. I glanced at my left wrist, and smiled.
"So that's what she's after". I thought.
"Hey pinky over here"! I yelled while running to the left of Steven.
"Y/n what are you doing"!? Steven yelled.
"The monster wants the bracelet you made Steven". I replied while waving it in the air, so the octopus would focus on me. She lunched her tentacles at me again, and I dodged them the best I could. She warped one of them around my side, and flanged me to her.
"Y/n"! Steven yelled while throwing his shield at the octopus. She cried in discomfort, and I smirked. I sniped my hammer into a drill, and pressed it into the monster. She cried in in pain, and proofed.
"Y/n I got you"! Steven yelled while running up to me, and caching me. I opened my hand to fine a pink gemstone. Steven's grip got tighter, and smiled.
"Steven I'm alright really". I said while getting off of him, and giving him a hug.
"Good work Y/n". Garnet said while putting her hand on my shoulder.
"Thanks Garnet". I said with a smile. I put the gem in a black bubble, and sent it off the the temple. On the way back to the warp pad Steven was holding my hand, and I didn't think much of it. Once we got to the temple though was a different story he still didn't let go. Steven walked me outside to the beach, and we sat down.
"You were awesome out there". Steven said with a smile. I looked at, and sighed.
"Then why hold my hand all the back, and still do it even we're home"? I asked. Steven Blushed, and sighed.
"I just got sacred ok". Steven said while looking down at the sand. I gave him a soft smile, and kissed his check. His face could even get more red, and laughed.
"It's sweet that care, so much Steven". I said while pulling him into a hug.
"Um Y/n"? Steven asked while turning to face me.
"What Steve-". I got cut of when Steven's lips were on mine. My face got hot by his actions, but all I could think about is that he tasted sweet. Steven pulled back, and smiled. My heart couldn't stop beating, and Steven panicked.
"I'm sorry Y/n didn't kno-". I cut him off by cupping his check.
"Hey it's ok you just got me off-guard". I said with a smile.
"Can we just sit here for a while"? Steven asked while putting his hand on mine.
"Of course". I replied while interlocking my hand with his.

Yes I couldn't pass this up, so yes they kissed now you guys can shut up about it. Kidding I loved it when you asked when these two would become a thing. The next chapter will be about were there relationship is going to go.