Chapter Eighteen: Apologies Are For The Dead Pt. 1

Start from the beginning

My hands flew over my mouth as my eyes went wide. I did not just snap at the alpha. Surely there was to be some kind of punishment for this, he couldn't just let this slide. I knew I was pushing my luck, I guess it decided now to run out.

I closed my eyes and waited for the tell-tale feeling of a palm stinging against my cheek, but instead I felt a light feathery touch. I tensed and slowly peeked through my lashes. As my vision cleared, I saw Jace staring at me with a gentle expression on his face.

"Now where in the hell did you get a dumb idea like that from?" He asked, looking at me in slight amusement and curiosity.

"Well....it's just. I heard you and your mother talking....all the stuff she said about you and I. I just thought...that maybe you didn't want me anymore." I stuttered out, wincing when his face morphed into that of anger.

"Hun, pay no attention to anything she said, it meant nothing to me. You are all I care about, I won't let her silly fantasies get in the way of us. She's only concerned with herself, everything has already been taken care of." He promised, caressing my cheek with the tips of his rose like fingers.

"What do you mean?" I inquired, peeking up at him through my lashes.

"I....I banished her from the pack." He muttered, looking down in shame.

"W-why? Was it be-because of m-me?" I asked, dread filling me.

If I was causing any problems for them, I will leave. No one deserves to argue over my behalf, I surely am not worth that much.

"No, baby, no. She broke a law that I set in place a few years ago, death is listed as punishment, but I can't do that. She's my mother, I can't kill her, banishment is the only option." He whispered, eyes glazed over.

"I wanted her to stay, but my wolf wouldn't let me allow her to break the law without some form of punishment. You know? Eventually she'll be able to come back when my wold is satisfied, but there's nothing I could do. God, what will the pack think of me now?" He rambled on.

"Hey it's okay, I understand. You did what you had to do, no one will blame you for that. If anyone in the pack has a problem with the decision that's been made, then they're questioning your judgement. That means they don't deserve to be in this pack. Everything will be fine, no matter what happens I'll always stand by you." I assured, taking his cheeks into my tiny hands.

"Really?" He asked, staring into my eyes with a look of love and affection.

"Always." With that said, we closed our eyes and came together in a gentle kiss.

There was passion and fondness in this kiss, it was meant to be gentle and reassuring. A simple reminder of the love we share and how we'll always be by each other's sides. No matter what.

★★★★★★★★

We were now sat in our room, cuddling on the bed.

After the kiss, we just decided that everything needed a cool down, and decided to just come rest. For the past hour, I was tracing circles onto his chest, thinking.

I couldn't help but wonder who that boy was, or why Jace's mom was comparing me to him. Did they used to date? Did they have sex or something?

All these thoughts floated around in my head, one after the next like clock that's been fast forwarded. They wouldn't stop, it's like they were taunting me, prodding me until I couldn't take it anymore.

With a dejected sigh, I sat up and pulled away from Jace. He sat up as well, a worried expression growing on his face.

"What's the matter Tiny?" He asked, leaning himself into me, his head resting on my shoulder.