✄ love-?

"ugh, today's slow isn't it?" i stroke up a conversation as zack and i waited in an alleyway.

"you think??" he replied sarcastically.

"shut up, im just hungry for some killing." i scoffed, kicking a rock to where he was sitting against the brick wall opposite of me.

"bitch, don't do that. you're already annoying enough."

zack was already a tough person to get along with so the insults weren't doing it for me. not to mention the burning feeling he gave me whenever he would compliment the way i severed one of our victims. either way, i wasn't gonna deal with his bullshit if he isn't even gonna make an effort to at least be a little kinder to his childhood friend. that was when a wave of anger washed over my body.

"you know what, zack? i don't fucking need this! screw you!" i shouted, flipping him off before i started to walk off.

believe me, zack was always the tsundere asshole type but i didn't want to deal with it right now.

of course he thought it as a joke and didn't go after me until i was completely out of his view.

"w-wait..[y/n]! where are you going?!" he realized.

"wherever you aren't!" my voice echoed through the streets.

i heard him scramble to his feet, coming after me. after a couple of minutes, i felt him catch my wrist.

"don't touch me!" i ripped my hand away.

"what the fuck is wrong with you today??" he scolded, "you're never such a bitch!"

"that- that's what's wrong with me!" i stuttered, starting to feel the hot tears burn my eyes. "you're my problem zack!"

"what are you even talking about?? we've known each other for years!! i've never changed!!" he defended.

"oh, believe me zack, you have changed." i crossed my arms, turning to walk away. he stopped me before i could, holding his scythe to my throat.

"well if you don't like me, why don't i just put you out of your misery instead?" zack would never do it, he knew and i knew.

"do it then, bitch. kill me zack! kill your best friend! kill the only person who ever showed you love!! do it!!!" i taunted, finally letting the tears stream down my face.

his eyes seemed to soften before hardening again.

"you asked for it." he brought the scythe back for a swing as i closed my eyes to meet my distasteful fate, but it never came.

"you...love me?" zack muttered.