20. Crazy is my everyday mood

Start from the beginning

~

I walked on the hallway, headed towards my first class when I saw Ander walking a bit further from me and looking very unhappy. I quickly walked to him and placed my hand on his arm. ''What's wrong?'' I asked kidnly and he looked at me.

''I want to break up with Omar.'' he said and my eyes widened.

''Que?! Por qué?'' I asked him socked. He sighed and closed his eyes.

''I think I already broke up with him.'' he said again and my eyes widened even more, if that was even possible. I, then, quickly grabbed his arm and dragged him a few feet away from other people.

''What the hell is wrong with you? What are you doing?'' I asked him, staring inside his eyes and trying to understand what's going on inside his head. His eyes met mine and I could see the hurt in them.

''I don't want him to see me like this! I don't want him to waste himself on me, I don't even know if I'll live another year.'' he said and I quickly placed my hands on his cheeks, making him face me. His eyes locked with mine and I hoped he could read my look.

''Ander, I don't even want to hear more. You can't push Omar away, this is the time when you need him the most. And don't even get me started on how long you're going to live, ok?'' I told him and he cracked a small smile before nodding. ''And even if he's not the one you want then tell me who is so we can get him.'' I said, jokingly and we chuckled.

~

I sat in the classroom next to Ander as we wrote down the exercises the teacher had given us. Suddenly the door opened and Ander's mom walked inside. Everyone looked at her but she only looked at one of us, Rebeka.

''Execuse me. Rebeka, can you come with me for a moment?'' she asked her and Rebeka looked at her confused before getting up and walking out of the classroom with the principal. I looked at Ander to see he looked back at me with the same confused face. Minutes later we heard yelling from outside and Samuel quickly ran outside. Ander and I looked at each other again before getting up and walking outside along with the rest of the class.

''You kick me out but because his mothers are rich you keep a fucking killer?!'' Rebeka yelled at the principal with tears running down from her eyes. I immediately understood what was this all about. Because her mother is in jail and the school fears of it's reputation they want to kick her out. 

''If she goes, I'm going too.'' Samuel spoke up from beside her.

''Me too.'' Ander said.

''Me too.'' I said, looking at his mother.

''Me too.'' Nadia said and suddenly Valerio and Joaquín came running from inside the classroom.

''Us too.'' Valerio said with a smile.

''What are we talking about?'' Joaquín asked Valerio, quietly but loud enough for me to hear and roll my eyes. Valerio shrugged, having no idea of what's going on.

The principal stared at us for a few minutes before sighing. ''I'll try and talk with the board, alright?'' she said. ''Now go back to class, por favor.'' she added and everyone looked at her one last time before slowly walking back to class.

~

I felt like the rest of the day went by in ages. As I finished my last class I headed out looking for Valerio, wondering if he wanted a ride but he was nowhere to be found. I felt a wave of dissapointment but also relief. This competition of his was making me go crazy. 

''Savvy!'' I heard someone call and before I could turn around, Joaquín appeared by my side and walked next to me. ''I was looking for you all day.'' he said and I smiled at him, trying not to show him my discomfort of him being around. I was indeed going crazy.