~Elle~

-A/N: If you are easily triggered don't read. Very depressing and Suicide mentioned.-

When Elle was younger she could often be found staring up at the bright blue sky, watching the clouds roll by.

She believed that maybe if she focused hard enough wings would unravel from her back and she could fly away from home. 

Elle didn't like the sound of the constant fighting happening inside between her mother and step-dad.

When Elle turned 10 years old she could be found sitting alone at the local park, watching other children play happily.

She questioned why she wasn't like them.

Why couldn't she run around laughing in joy?

Where was mommy?

Wasn't she suppose to be by Elle's side, encouraging her to live the best childhood possible?

Elle would sigh heavily -far to heavily for someone her age- and gaze up at the sky with teary eyes, daydreaming about flying far,far away.

At age 15, Elle realized how cruel the world truly was.

She no longer believed in flying away, so she found other ways to escape from her life.

She didn't see herself as a innocent little girl anymore, rather a monster peering back at her from the mirror.

Elle became distant at school, her self esteem dropping lower than her once perfect grades ever could.

The world was hell, demons lashed out at her daily.

Why does her school preach about 'No Bullying Tolerated' when Elle came to them desperate for help and was ignored like a piece of trash on the side of the road?

Teachers constantly expecting the best and Elle always feeling the worst.

Her eyes were dull,lifeless but nobody noticed-or cared.

At age 18, Elle was set to graduate.

Her mom nor step-dad showed up.

Elle, already broken, felt the last shred of hope die as she watched kids hugging their friends and family who were beaming in pride.

As speeches rolled on, Elle devised a plan.

Obviously her family didn't care, no friends existed to miss her and Elle didn't want to stay in hell any longer.

The speeches ended and Elle stood, making her way outside,  where her dead eyes instantly drifted to the sky.

That night Elle swallowed down as many pills as possible.

And finally Elle got to fly away.