Chapter 11: The Wedding

I just wanted to say that I DO NOT own the rights to this song. It is only being used for the enjoyment of me and my readers. Hope y'all enjoy!

Ash was lost in his thoughts. It has been three weeks since he lost his chance to tell Misty how he really felt at the beach, and it has put a massive weight on his shoulders.

'Ash you f**king idiot!' He cursed himself in his head. 'Why didn't you just tell her? I mean sure Dawn and May were there, but that shouldn't have stopped you! You two could be here at this wedding as a couple right now if you would have manned up! GREAT JOB ASH!'

"You may now kiss the bride." Ash was thrown from his thoughts. He was so busy downing himself that he almost didn't even hear when the priest wedded Brock and Lily. He began to shame himself once again, but stopped himself from doing so.

'Ash get ahold of yourself! There will be more opportunities. Besides this is his day, not yours.' Ash thought to himself as he clapped and cheered along with everyone else to Brock and Lily's first kiss as a married couple.

A few hours later, everyone was at the after party having a great time. The thing that made the wedding really special was that everyone there was supposed to somehow play there own part. The food was handled by Cilan, who's cooking rivals even that of Brock's, and the catering was handled by Iris, his fiancé. He had asked her to marry him a few weeks before Brock's wedding and everyone accepted it with open arms.

May and Dawn handled part of the entertainment by showing off their coordinating skills on stage. They had both become exceptional coordinators and they rivaled each other in both skill and elegance.

Even Gary had a role in the wedding. Of course he ran the bar, but since a lot of the people at the wedding were above the age of 21, the husband and wife included, he played a VERY important role.

Even though everyone else had already came up with some kind of role at the wedding, Ash hadn't. Partly because most everything else was already taken, but also because of the inner turmoil that he has been forced to go through here recently.

'What should I do?' Ash thought to himself. 'I'm giving a speech, but that just isn't enough. It has to be special.'

Ash thought long and hard, while the party raged on. Just when he thought he was out of options, he remembered something he learned early in his childhood. Something he vowed to never show anyone.

"You know that could work." Ash told himself quietly. Though he was extremely shy when it came to anything on stage, he would have to get over it in order to play his role in this wedding and show Brock just how much he means to him.

Ash got up from his seat and dinked a glass to get everyones attention for the toast after May and Dawn were done with their last performance of the night.

"Everyone, may I have your attention." The room gave Ash their eyes and ears, but Ash could only focus on one of them. Though he wanted it to be Brock, he couldn't keep his eyes off of Misty who was now staring at him as well. They stayed like that for a while, which got people murmuring and laughing giddily to themselves. This caused Ash to correct his gaze to Brock and Lily and continue on with his speech.

"As you all know, I've known Brock since childhood and have always thought of him as a brother and a very close friend. One of the best." Ash took a second to flash Brock a warming grin, which he immediately returned.

"When I first met you Brock, you want to know the first thing that came to my mind? How can someone have so many brothers and sisters?" Everyone in the audience broke out into laughter for a few seconds before recovering, so Ash could continue.