kuroo | body swapped (pt. 2)

Start from the beginning

"A break could be good for you, (y/n)," advised Akaashi.

Bokuto perked up, the question lingering on his mind: "A break from what?"

You carefully pondered his words. "I'll think about it."

• • •

"Hey! You decided to come!" Yukie grabbed your free shoulder, a heavy duffel bag hanging off the other.

"Aw, you knew? I was planning on making it a surprise," you chuckled.

"Everyone knows. It's not everyday a non-team member joins the training camp." Kaori stepped onto the school bus, glancing over her shoulder as she spoke. "You're practically an honorary member by now."

You sat near the back of the bus with Akaashi and Konoha; Bokuto cheering with excitement from behind. Your appearance at the training camp was kept a secret from Kuroo. You made a deal with the team not to bring it up, noting it was a "surprise" to anyone unaware.

Yesterday, you took Kuroo's place as usual, and he took yours. You noticed he already had his clothes packed in a backpack for the camp, but you kept yours hidden beneath your bed.

The drive wasn't long at all. In fact, you would already be at Shinzen High had you taken a bike due to freeway traffic. Bokuto wouldn't leave you and Akaashi alone. He was evidently ecstatic to reunite with Kuroo.

You, on the other hand, had mixed feelings toward the boy.

Nose pressed against the glass, Bokuto snorted in excitement: "There he is!"

Reluctantly, you slowly turned your head to view the bed headed asshole.

"Oh, dear god."

Kuroo's eyes raked the school bus windows, jittering across the glass with both paranoia and anticipation through squinted eyes. There were no obvious signs of you attending the volleyball camp, but he had the slightest suspicion.

You hurriedly swiveled away from the window, the back of your head displayed in the tinted glass.

The coach's words were drowned out by your blaring thoughts; however, the team's rush to exit filled in the context. Bokuto chattered ecstatically behind you: about scrimmaging with Karasuno; about trying new moves with Akaashi; about making up for lost time with Kuroo.

Why were you so nervous? The last time the two of you met, it was smooth sailing.

You were lying to yourself. It was a disaster.

You huddled behind Akaashi's figure as you stepped off the bus, Kuroo's eyes evidently poking at the unnatural movement of this stranger.

Kuroo was quick to answer his own wonders with a beckoning hand. "Oi, Akaashi!"

Akaashi, unaware of your hiding spot, casually neared the captain, Bokuto following not far behind.

Shit.

Akaashi noticed Kuroo's attention focused on something entirely different, so he turned to see what was so eye catching.

"You're here!" the captain shouted in a forced whisper, though everyone could obviously hear.

"Yeah, got a problem?" you answered smugly.

Konoha let out a brief scoff. "I forgot you guys knew each other."

"Oh, they more than know each other," added Yaku as he entered the conversation.

Your eyes shot daggers at the familiar boy, venom glistening in your constricted pupils.