Defend (Settsu Banri)

"I totally won."

Oh, to wipe the smug grin off his face you'd do just about anything. You didn't respond verbally, however, simply rolling your eyes as you continued to tend to his wounds. He'd come home with a pretty bad black eye and a few cuts on his face, battle wounds from this fight that he seemed so proud to take part in. He had mostly left his punk behavior behind when he'd joined the company but old habits can die hard, especially in someone as stubborn as Banri was.

"You made me worry about you," You mumbled, "You didn't come home even though you said you were on your way and I thought something happened."

"Yeah, well, those assholes are the ones who started with me. They were old friends from high school who thought it'd be funny to..." He stopped himself, like he thought you might not actually want to hear the story behind it, "Never mind. I'm good and I can take care of myself."

"First of all, sit down and shut up. You made me worried about taking care of you is helping me feel better, so you'll deal with it. Secondly, continue with the story. What did they say that could've possibly set you off?"

"Said some... said some shit about you. Nothin' worth talkin' about now."

So the fight had been your fault, huh? You wear an amused expression which gains Banri's ire, a scowl finding it's way to his face as he refuses to look you in the eye as you continue to tend his wounds. Once you're satisfied he's all cleaned up you began to pack away the materials while Banri remained silent, looking like he wanted to talk but couldn't find the right words.

"Thanks for, uh, defending my honor. And I really don't want your head to get any bigger than it already is but..." You approached him with purpose and held his face in your hands, turning it to the side so you could press a kiss against his bruised skin, "Try to let your face heal before you get into more fights or I won't be able to call you pretty boy anymore."

The smile was back on his face but it was no longer smug, simply... happy.