Fight (Hyodo Juza)

Juza really wasn't used to you being this close to him.

You were gently dabbing at his busted open lip after doting over the bruises he'd gained on the side of his face, a worried expression plastered across your face as you took care of him. He could feel his heart fluttering nervously in his chest at how close you were to him, hypersensitive to every move you made and how clearly upset you were that he'd gotten into another fight.

But it wasn't his fault.

He had no issue with walking away from fights and had been simply taking his lumps if it escalated that far, but this dude had the audacity to speak your beautiful name out of his disgusting mouth. He's not sure how the man knew your connection but it was a comment so vile he couldn't let it go no matter how hard he willed himself to. Juza had to protect you and he did so by letting that man know with his fists to never come near you or Juza again.

"How are your knuckles?" You checked his hands and frowned. "Maybe we should ice 'em, you know? It looks like it hurts."

"...'M alright," His gaze is averted as you looked up at them, "...I'll do it if you want."

You bring him the ice happily and sit across from him at the table, letting out a sigh. He can't help but feel like he'd disappointed you yet again, something that might've been the worst feeling he'd ever had to feel. He doesn't even feel like he deserves the care you're giving him now, perhaps you would grow so tired of him that you would decide he wasn't even worthy of your time.

"Please be careful out there, Juza," You finally said, resting a hand on top of his and being careful to avoid his injuries, "I worry about you a lot. I know these fights aren't always your fault but..."

"Sorry," The apology slipped out before he could stop it, most likely because he was nervous; you sitting next to him was more than enough to make his heart beat harder but touching him? Your hand over his, in a gesture so affectionate it would make Muku swoon? His heart was in his throat. "I'll do my best."

"Thank you," You hummed, "But don't worry. Every time you get into a fight I'll be here to patch you up, okay?"

You were going to kill him with your cuteness one day, Juza was sure of it.