Greek Talk

Never had Erik thought he'd be in a room with four non-related bad females watching tv and eating fried chicken.. fully clothed.. but here he was choking down biscuits with jug tea and enjoying himself.

"Y'all should come to the party we puttin on Saturday it's finna be lit. People gone get fucked up, watch."

"We heard," Ashleigh scoffed. "Just ghetto.... I'll be there," she saluted with two fingers.

"Yeah, I'm going," a voice yelled from the bathroom.

"So Erik. What made you pledge with the Ques," Tania asked while painting her own toenails blue. He looked back at the tv. They'd just finished an entertaining group discussion about men vs. women: Who cheats more. Erik said women and they said Ques. He had to defend the honor of the bruhs.

"It was the only real decision. Purple and gold till I die."

"Thot till you die," Ashleigh added. He knew each of their names now having deemed them all as legit. His lip twisted at the comment, knowing they were right but not wanting them to BE right.

"Black men don't cheat," he said soberly, laughing in his head as they grunted and tuh'd their disagreement. He had to rep for the fellas. Holding to his position, he playfully argued with them just for them to dismiss his bullshit.

"Aight so Brit..," he smiled making direct eye contact. He wanted her to hold it with him so he could flirt with her some more. "Why Delta?"

"Because I'm an intelligent, illustrious sista and my torch will forever burn," she fired without thought. Her stare never faultered as he eye-fucked her openly. He rubbed his beard with a look that said 'not bad'.

"Also. My mother was a Delta..," she added and his eyes went to her robe hiding the sleeve tattoo on her arm dedicated to her mother's memory. Charmayne. He had the tattoo memorized. "I would've gotten her endorsement but.. you know..." she sighed, shoulders raising. "What made you a poodle," she asked Tania, quick to change the subject. Tania moved her own braids off her shoulder.

"Honestly?" Her face went serious and everyone in the room quieted to hear. "Well, I don't talk about this a lot because it's really personal... but.."

Erik hung on waiting for the spill.

"But," she sighed pausing with her polish. "I... honestly... I just liked the colors..."

"GIRL!" Brit shook her head.

"It's the truth," Tania snickered. "Shit I messed up my toe."

Erik blew out through his nose.

"What you laughing at Stevens," Tania grinned.

"YOU," he smirked looking back to her. The fuck it sound like he was laughing at? He'd have to come around more. These girls were comical. After two hours hanging out he decided to head on out. Standing to stretch, he looked at Brit in the eye for a good second as she stared back then he smiled, rolled his eyes, and looked away.

"Which one of y'all is the witch.. what y'all do to me," he asked like he was serious. "I can't believe I'm in a room of fine ass women and we ain't fucked."

"One out of four ain't bad," Brit fired causing the others including him to look at her with raised brows. It ain't like they ain't know but they ain't expect her to say it like that.

"Okay Brit!" His chest jumped in a laugh.

"Hey," she shrugged watching him and on his way out he couldn't resist thinking how he'd definitely come over to smash again.. as soon as they both had time on their schedules.