CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - Anthony Cartwright

Zacznij od początku

Once I was out in the hallway, it was crowded with kids. Great, now I won’t be able to find him.

“Ava!” I turn my head and see Jake by the exit. I grin when I realise Lucas is with him. I walk towards them, hoping I’ll get a chance to talk to Lucas.

I gasped and tensed up when Jake threw his arms around me, holding me in for a hug. I awkwardly put my arms around him but after a couple of seconds, I liked it. I smiled and retreated, only getting horrible glares off Lucas.

“I’ll talk to you later, I need to talk to our Photography teacher.” Jake smiled and patted Lucas on the back before he left. Well this was easier than I thought.

“Lucas, I need to tell you-“

“No, I need to tell you something.” Lucas said and I was quite shocked. What could he want to tell me? That he hates me? To stay out of his way or he’ll chase me down with a chainsaw? But it was his calm tone that surprised me.

“Okay but I want-“

“No, me first.” He insists and I sigh.

“What happened to ‘ladies first’?” I cross my arms and he shakes his head.

“That doesn’t apply here.” He says dismissively.

I was about to answer back but he held his hand up and took my hand. My heart melted at this and he led the way outside. Most students were outside since it was a break, but that meant people were busy talking and not listening in, which I suspect Lucas wants.

“I want to show you something.” He says in a slight whisper. I shrug and wait. “Not now though.

I narrow my eyes at him. He wanted to show me something? What could be so important?

“I’ll be at your apartment room tonight. Be ready.” He says and walks away. He didn’t wait for a reply or confirmation that I would go with him. He just expected me to. And I didn’t get a chance to tell him what I wanted to. Maybe I will tonight.

***

“You look nice.” commented Maria who was stood at the doorway. She smiled and came in, smoothing out my hair that I decided to keep down.

One: because it was quite cold and it might keep my ears warm and two: because I think Lucas liked it like this.

I scoffed at the thought afterwards. Why am I bothering? He didn’t even say when he’d turn up. I spun around and inspected myself one last time in the mirror. I’d worn some skinny jeans with Ugg boots and I’d worn a woolly blue sweater that would be accompanied by a leather jacket.

A knock on the door sounded and I knew it was Lucas. I bolted past Maria and to the door, almost trampling Mr. Kitty. As soon as I saw him, I smiled. He too was wearing a leather jacket that fit snugly on him.