:born

:born

Y/n Pov~

The sounds of the city are all I can hear as I walk down the sidewalk, cars, people conversing, the news being played on the large screens above our heads and footsteps. So much noise, it's crazy that so many people live here I sigh as I continue down my path, my stomach growls a loud and painful growl, "Goddammit, haven't eaten in a while, shit's driving me wild" I groan quietly. Now you'd normally hear me say that and think , "oh just go get yourself a burger or whatever if you're hungry", and under normal circumstances you'd be correct but I can't just "get a burger" because I can't eat beef, or chicken, or vegetables, or fruit, or anything you'd consider food. There is only one thing I can eat and it's not the easiest thing to obtain, because the only thing in the world that can satiate my hunger is human meat. I'm a ghoul, we are a race of creatures that appear human enough, but possess abilities that humans could never dream of but at the price of the only thing we can digest is human flesh. I'm Y/n L/n, an American ghoul who had to flee my home because of circumstances that we don't talk about. I've been to multiple places, trying to find a place I can try to live a normal life but every time I get comfortable The Commission of Counter Ghoul or the CCG, hunts me down and uproots everything. I am currently living in Tokyo, Japan, one of the world's most ghoul populated cities, I don't know numbers to be exact but I've been told that at least 20% of Tokyo's population are ghouls, so I figured what better place for a ghoul to disappear.

I moved to the 24th ward about 4 months ago and have been doing fairly well so far, I've only had to kill two humans so far and haven't had any attention from the Investigators. I decided to enlist in a human school, to give me something to do and it lessens suspicion. I'm currently walking to school now when I get knocked to the ground by someone not watching where they are going. "Ugh, watch where you're going!" I growl at the stranger, I am surprised when I see the guy stand up and offer me his hand. "So, sorry! I lost track of time and need to get to school" he apologizes in a polite tone, I take his hand and he pulls me up. He's probably a year younger than me or so, he's fairly thin with grey eyes and white hair with black roots. He's wearing a weird white coat, a white tie, slacks and brown dress shoes.