04: Perks of being rich

CHAPTER 1, PART 4:
Kim Taehyung, What Are You Doing to Me?!

What do you expect in your first days of your father's college? Well, you're definitely not gonna expect whatever just happened to Kim Taehyung.

"So, who's this dog for.." Taehyung's father asked, it was finally Friday, school is over just for now. Taehyung was expecting a calm night in the bath with his own dog.

Taehyung hummed, looking through the cages with the dogs. "Well, dad. It's for a friend." Taehyung answered. "Oh! Well, why didn't you say so? Is it their birthday?" His father kept asking.

At this point, Taehyung was getting quite tired by the voice of his own father. But he never spoke a word, he continued humming to what his father would say.

"Well? Is it his birthday?" His dad asked, a bright smile on his face as he leaned forward to Taehyung. "Don't know yet, I never really quite asked that." Taehyung answered.

"Strange, I would've thought of asking a person's age and birthday in first meeting." Taehyung's dad replied.

With those words, Taehyung felt dumbfounded. He just cleared out his throat and shrugged it off.

"Taehyung, this is our second lap around the pound. Aren't you going to pick one yet?" His dad asked. "Am I the kid or you, 'cause you're acting like a baby." Taehyung said, sighing after.

His dad scoffed. "Well gee, almost forgot you got your mom's temper." Taehyung stopped for a moment, furrowing his eyebrows.

"You saying we have a bad temper?" Taehyung asked. His dad gulped, but he wasn't gonna beg down was he? He is the dad afterall.

"Indeed I am-" "Car, now." Taehyung demanded. "How could you do this to your old man, I-" "Do I have to repeat myself?" "Nope, going now." Taehyung's dad walked out of the shop.

Now Taehyung was left with peace, and dogs.

Taehyung began his third walk around the pound, his hand lightly hitting the metal bars of the dogs' cages. He all thought they were cute, honestly he could buy the whole pound if he wanted to.

But, he already has a dog at home. A small Pomeranian, or what Taehyung likes to call his fur baby, named Yeontan.

Does it count as cheating if he buys another dog for himself? To you, maybe not, but to Taehyung it's a huge sin.

Either way, this dog isn't for him, it's for a friend.

As Taehyung looked at the last few dogs, slightly losing hope. Until he saw it, a brown toy poodle dog, resting upon inside the cage.

It was adorable! It was still quite young, its little barks mixing in with the other dogs' barks.

Taehyung was about to walk towards it, but another man has already reached the cage. He was wearing all black, and a black cap that covered his face.

He watched as the man waved his hand to the dog, the dog jumped to its hind legs for a moment. The man laughed.

The man was enjoying himself with the dog, but Taehyung lost his chance for a perfect gift.

As Taehyung was walking away, he heard a tiny dog's howl. It sounded like thr toy poodle. Taehyung turned his head back to the dog.

The dog was wagging its tail as it saw Taehyung's face again, it started barking too.

The man turned his head to Taehyung's direction. He was quite shocked. "Tae..?" He called out. Taehyung ignored the man's call, and walked right up to the dog's cage just to feel its fluffy fur.