'Til we meet again

warning: fluff, first meetings, age swap (jk is older), yoongi & tae are cousins
___________________________________________

"Yes, mom, I'm already at the station." Taehyung says into his phone with a sigh, taking his luggage along with him as he stands by, waiting for his train to arrive.

He glances at the ticking clock that hangs on the wall, humming as his mother rambles about on the other line of the phone. The station isn't as crowded today, given that he chose to travel a little earlier since it's only half an hour past nine in the morning, which is still  early for a late riser like him.

It was his mother that insisted for him to arrive at their hometown two days prior of his close cousin's actual birthday celebration— to which he would never miss for the world. She explained that they were planning for it to be a surprise and that he had to help and participate according to plan, so he agreed gingerly.

That's why he finds himself at the station in an early thursday morning, warm cup of coffee in hand to keep him awake, and his phone that he's got pressed up against his ear in the other.

Just as his mother was about to ask something, he registers the trains arrival. "Hey mom, I gotta go now." He says as the announcers voice softly echoes through the speakers in the background.

"Alright, you take care, Taebear! Travel safe and I'll see you in a few hours." She responds, bidding him goodbye. He says his farewell and a quick I love you before hanging up and pocketing the device.

He steps closer as the doors slide open, joining the bustle of passengers entering and exiting the train. Once he steps foot inside, he walks further into the vehicle, smiling at a small girl who shyly waves at him as he passes by.

He settles for a seat a little farther away from the other passengers since there's only a few vacant seats left. When he tries to lift his luggage though, he fails and puts it down with a heave.

"Ah, let me help you." A polite voice calls out to him. Taehyung turns, ready to decline the offer, only to be faced with a handsome young man who immediately leaves him speechless.

Taehyung, for a fact, is no where near the word shy. Growing up, he was always outgoing, an extrovert, a social butterfly. He had confidence in himself, held is head up high, but never to the point where he would come off as arrogant or boastful. He knew that he should always be able to speak out his own opinion in certain situations, never the one to back out or shy away from other people.

But right now, as he stands infront of this attractive young man who is gesturing towards his luggage that he loosely holds on to, soft smile plastered on those pretty pink lips, he catches himself stuttering an approval timidly.

The man lifts his suitcase up with ease, opening the compartment with one hand and sliding the luggage in easily. To say that he's embarrassed to not be able to do that for himself is an understatement, so he awkwardly thanks the guy, sending a small smile his way.

"It's nothing, really." He dismisses with that soft soft smile and an even softer voice that once more makes Taehyung's cheeks heat up.

"Uhm, is this seat taken?" The man who had just witnessed his awkward blushing state asks, gesturing to the seat infront of his.

Oh– oh, Taehyung thinks, realizing that the man intends to sit with him, eyes widening at the thought. Maybe his facial  expression gives the wrong impression, as the man backtracks and hurriedly apologises with a shake of his head.

"I– No, I mean– only if you're not, uhm,  accompanied by anyone else– I– I-I'm sorry– I didn't mean to–"

"No, no, it's fine! You can sit here." Tae cuts him off unceremoniously, his voice sounding a little bit too desperate than what he had planned.