Chapter I: Aptitude Test

Start from the beginning

"So, all the food that was....." there's a distinct voice I heard from afar which I just ignored.

But then suddenly, I heard a loud pushing and Beatrice was gonna confront them. And then I saw what the commotion was. It was a Candor boy who was talking harshly to some other Abnegations. I gritted my teeth at the sight but didn't do anything about it. And then, Caleb stopped Beatrice from confronting the Candor boy.

"Hey. Just stay here. You don't want to interfere, trust me." Caleb stopped her at her tracks.

He's right, though. We should not get involved into someone's commotion even if it's disturbing and crossing the line. Hays.

And then, I heard a honk of the train from distance and saw that there are Dauntless dangling from the doors. It seemed like they aren't scared at all. That's an one thing I also admired at them. They jumped from the running train and I was so amazed. For the second thought, I thought the train would stop for them to have a chance to get out, but I was wrong. It was still moving. They got into their perspective line and I watched everyone of them gathered a line.

That's fun, I think to my self.

Until the doors have opened for us to come and we came inside.

The Erudite woman give us a little speech and trivia about our founders and when she's done, we have to wait until or names are to be called for the start of our aptitude tests.

"Caleb Prior, Beatrice Prior and Alice Eaton!" a voice rang out so we stand and headed to the doors.

We came at the door and walked through the corridors. We had a door each to get inside and I came inside to mine. I saw a mirror by the entrance, so I quickly avoided it and saw an Erudite woman standing and preparing for my test.

"Take a seat!" she ordered, so I toke a seat and rest my head on the headrest.

"I'm Irene Coulter, and I'm gonna be the one assisting you," she introduced herself to me. "Basically, 95% gets the origin of their factions. And I would guess, you'll have the results as same as you are in right now." she added and then she handed me some blue liquor on some small class hollow.

"What's this for?" I asked.

"Drink it. It will help me watch through your mind while you're on the simulation and it will show up here." she explained and pointed on the screen.

I drank it immediately and it's kinda bitter. I closed my eyes for a second and when I opened it, she disappeared.

It's starting, I would have guess.

I walked away from my chair and wandered around when a voice says that 'choose' and then I saw a knife and a cheese. I immediately grab the knife and asked the voice.

"Now what?" no answer.

And then I heard a growling dog behind me. I was terrified and cannot flinch a little. Soon, it was running towards me. I have to do something!

When it got closer, I attacked the animal and I think that it's just hallucination. And the dog laid down the floor, gasping for it's breathe. I was breathing heavily from what happened. I couldn't believe I could kill such a thing.

I heard another bark, but it was from a puppy. I saw a girl from across the room with baggy Abnegation clothes.

"Puppy!" the girl reached out to pet it, but the dog suddenly became a ferocious dog.

The dog runned towards the girl so I chased the dog and jumped at it. We disappeared and then the next thing I know, I was on the train. I looked at the man who was reading a newspaper and a picture of..... Caleb? He's wanted on the papers from what I caught

The man looked at me and asked, "You know this guy?" pointing at the picture of Caleb.

I was hesitating to answer. And then I thought that this was just a hallucination. Nothing will happen to Caleb, right?

"Yes." I mimicked.

As soon as I answered the question, I woke up and saw the woman that was hurrying to get me up. I was still half-hallucinating when she was getting me out of the chair.

"You have to go." she ordered as if she was panicking on something.

"Why? What was my result?" I asked blankly. She paused, but proceeded to answer me.

"They were inconclusive. They called it Divergent." she hesitated to answer. I lifted my left brow at her because of confusion.

"What is Divergent? What do you mean by inconclusive? Did the aptitude test didn't work on me? Is it broken? I came here to have my aptitude test and to have resu—" I was cutted off when she talked again.

"It's was Abnegation. And Erudite. And Candor. And Dauntless." she cutted and enumerated my results.

"Dauntless." I whispered to myself.

"You have to leave. I'm gonna input Abnegation. Tell your parents that the serum made you sick and I take you home early." she hurriedly explained to me and ushered me to a back door before her words sinks in to me.

There was a lot going on my mind right now, that I was a Divergent. What the hell is Divergent?

I'm glad that Abnegation is not just my results, but I can choose any factions I wanted. Would I prefer Dauntless? I mean my brother Tobias is there. And I can have freedom there.

•~•~•

The dinner was simple. And Dad only asked me what was my results and I lied to him, telling that I got Abnegation but apparently, I'm gonna choose Dauntless. I'm so done with Abnegation.

Dad got to bed early while I waited for my mom to sneak for me. And she hurried over to come to me after a while of waiting.

"Darling." she pulled me for a hug and we hugged each other. "So, what's your results?" she asked when we pulled away from her hugs.

"It was Dauntless. And I'm gonna be a soldier." I proudly stated at her.

She hugged me once again. "I'm so proud of you, Darling. I hope you'll see your brother there."

After she bid her good-byes, I get upstairs and slept. Tommorow is an another day. It's the choosing ceremony, nonetheless.

I have to choose Dauntless. I'm gonna be Dauntless. I'm sick if this place. I can't tolerate of being here anymore.

I think of Beatrice and Caleb. Would they stay at Abnegation? I'm not leaving my only close to be called siblings on here. They were almost my siblings to me.

To Be Continued.....