Bruno Bucciarati | Blooming

Start from the beginning

The next morning, when the rain was way lighter than the other day, Y/n had arrived again to work at her flower-shop. This time, more customers were arriving. Most likely because the rain wasn't as disastrous as yesterday.

"I hope she likes them!" She implied, smiling at the young man who had bought them obviously for his girlfriend. He exchanged a smile, nodded and left. It was just a minute afterwards when a familiar man entered the shop, walking over to the counter with the same, warm smile. "Hello Y/n."

The lady's eyes lit up. She did wish he would come again, but she wasn't really expecting it. "Signor Bucciarati? You're here again?" She asked, looking at him with intrigue. He simply chuckled. "I had remembered the flowers, and wanted to come back to give a proper apology." He said.

Abruptly, an older woman approached us. "Bucciarati, more business as usual, I see?" "Ah, no. I'm just here to apologize for something." He answered. Y/n's eyes lit up. If it was audible, there would've been a loud click for what she had realized.

"Well, I hope whatever it is repays you wonderfully, now, I want to pay for these so if you could just move, that'd be appreciated." The old woman then placed a small basket of flowers on the counter. Once she paid, she took the basket again and left.

Bucciarati noticed Y/n's slight stare at the flower-basket. "You liked those flowers in particular?" "Oh, no. I actually grow these all by myself. It's just, she must've been choosing those for someone who passed away."

She then took one of each flower, exact to the one's she had chosen. "Pink carnations, never to forget. Red salvias, to forever belong to one another. Red-tulips, for romance, but also pink pansies. These are normally used for funerals, for thoughtfulness or to remember. It must've been her husband."

She placed each of the flowers back in their places, leaning on the counter. "I guess you really know your stuff?" He asked with a smirk. "Of course I do. And Bucciarati," Y/n waltzed over, taking a flower, recognized as a daffodil for it's signature trumpet-like petals. "On the house." She said, handing them over into his hands. Her fingers had slightly brushed against his.

"What does this one mean, Y/n?" He inquired. Her lips curved up at its ends. "New beginnings. I hope to see you again." Bucciarati's eyes lit up, smiling with astonishment and mixes of curiosity in his eyes as he walked out.

Once he was outside and had a bit far down the street, he took a minute to process the flower in his hand. He fiddled it, spinning the dandelion with his fingers, sighing from the memory of her fingers just grazing his own.

As the week went on, Bucciarati became a regular customer. It started with coming in every once a week, then it became every few days, and then it evolved into whenever he was free, which was almost every day.

He did have days where he wouldn't come in, but just his presence the next day made it up to her. Much like the flowers, something had bloomed between the two of them, but unlike the flowers, it was to last forever.

Neither of the two had any idea, thinking it was just charm and friendship, not knowing what was actually happening between the two.

Finally, it was in full bloom on one particular day. It was raining, just like when they had first met. The two were together at the counter, Molly was sleeping on the sofa, and the shop was closed for the day.

Bucciarati looked over at Molly and back to the fair lady in front of him. "Y/n, how long has it been since you got Molly?" She tilted her head to see the Akita and darted her e/c eyes back to his. "Quite a while, it feels like a lifetime ago, but even if it was a long time ago, she's still the most understanding companion I had as a kid."

She sighed, looking down at her hands. "Actually, that reminds me, I want to show you something. Follow me." Y/n insisted, she then grabbed her keys, flicking through to a specific one and walked over to the back door. She unlocked it, opening it up and letting Bucciarati out first.

A gardening-glass house, the tapping of the rain was much louder, and the room was grey. It felt somewhat warm though, despite its appearance. "This is my gardening house... Well, my shop's one. I have one at home as well." Y/n said, sitting herself down on the bench at the end. Bucciarati sat beside her. He never realized it until this moment, this was one of the only times he had been this close to her.

"...Y/n. I want to tell you something." It was better to tell her now, before someone else did. He sucked down a deep breath, turning to her and meeting his blue orbs with her own. "I am... I am part of Passione. I am one of the capos of Passione, and I-" "I knew."

Bucciarati stared at her with shock. "You... you knew?" "Yeah. Bucciarati, you're kind of a star-citizen in Naples. Every customer of mine knows you, it was surely unavoidable before I knew." "...So you're fine with it?"

Y/n took his hands into her smaller, dainty ones. She smiled and said; "Bucciarati, I don't care if you're the next-door-neighbor or even a capo for Passione. To me, you're my friend, and that's what matters."

After a bit more chatter, the two agreed upon Bucciarati taking her home. He carried the umbrella above the three of them, keeping close so she and Molly got an even amount. Soon, they reached the front door of her house.

"Bucciarati, I have to say, thanks for telling me about you being a capo before any of those old-woman did. Bye." She said, chuckling. That small laugh, he yearned for it. And that smile, simply exquisite. Before she could reach for her keys, Bucciarati grabbed onto her arm. "Y/n."

She looked up at him and his crystal eyes. She noticed how alive they looked that moment, how his face was a tinge of red and how he tightened the grip on her arm. "Yes, Bucciarati?" She asked. He then pulled her into his arms, wrapping her waist with them and looking at her intently. "I want to confess to you something... important."

Y/n put her hands on his broad shoulders, keeping her sight on him. "Yes?" "I wanted to say I... I feel a certain tug at my chest when I see you. I'm always at your shop because I want to be near you. I think I... I'm in love with you." He confessed.

He felt the grip on his shoulders tighten, and Y/n gave him her brightest, happiest smile she ever had to give. "Bucciarati, I feel the same! Sure, the first time we met, it was strange but as you came along I just felt I- I enjoyed every visit, and telling you about flowers and Bucciarati-" "Bruno. It's my first name, please." He stated, his grin loving like his eyes of blue.

"Bruno, I... I..." Suddenly, the two began inching closer, lips centimeter apart from each other. "love..." Now, they were millimeters apart, closing their eyes in the moment. "you..."

Those were the last words she uttered before her soft lips were pressed onto his. The rain was cold and loud, but neither of them cared. Bucciarati had dropped the umbrella, the droplets of rain falling on them, already soaking the two and Molly, who had sat down, watching.

Everything felt perfect as they went on, Y/n had her arms now around his neck, deepening the kiss that they were loving so much. The minute of cutting off air just for each other soon had to end. They parted from one another, panting and smiling joyously.

"Bruno?" "Yes, my love?" Bucciarati leaned his head onto hers, gazing at her sweetly. "Does this mean you'll stop visiting the shop?" She inquired. He chortled and said; "Not by a chance."

This is actually my longest oneshot... so like... yea!

-L o f i