1

BOOM! Fireworks exploded across the skies of the kingdom of Gu as the birthday of the crown princess, Wen CaiHe was celebrated. Townsfolk commoner or noble attended the event and ate merrily the food that was served. It was a happy event yet the second princess, Wen Xue stared only at the night sky while playing her zither. Every time she plucked a string, her soul wanders off on a different world and her mind is in a trance. Hitting every note, she was about to finish the whole music piece when a maid entered her chamber.

"Princess Wen Xue! It is time..."

"Time for what? Can't you see I'm playing my Qin?"

"But Princess! Your father he—"

"Yes I know. I'm going there, you do not need to escort me."

"It's your sister's birthday... You should celebra—"

"What's the use of celebrating when your country is on the verge of getting spoiled by the enemy. Go and tell my father that I'm coming and I'll be late."

The maid curtsied and afterwards decided to exit the room. Wen Xue turned her sight at the nearby mirror and looked at her reflection. No prince would dare marry a second princess. She closed her eyes and felt the cool breeze brush on her cheek. She opened her eyes and decided to exit the room without an escort.

'I must talk this out with father or else the fate of our kingdom will be plunged in doom.'

Walking straight to the hallway up into the open air pavilion where they are all celebrating CaiHe's twenty-fifth birthday, Wen Xue curtsied and sat by her father's side as they all began witnessing the dance performance. As the music began, Wen Xue also began to spoke to her father.

"Father, I have something urgent to tell you."

"Urgent? This is a happy occasion xiao-xue. Please don't spoil it."

"Father, lately... Our spies are being inefficient on gathering data and assassination. Our country is almost in the verge of invasion by the kingdom of ZhuQue. I have been receiving reports of attacks at the southern borders please listen to me..."

"Xiao-Xue. This is your sister's birthday. Can you respect this occasion at the least?"

"Fine."

Wen Xue lost her cool and stood from her chair then made exit at the back of the pavilion. Her anger almost reached sky high so she decided to walk around the palace to cool her temper. Moments passed by, she walked around the palace until she came across the military barracks. There was a set of bow and arrows laying on the side. Turning her head from left to right and seeing that no one was there, she picked up the bow and arrow from the ground.

She firmly held the bow on her left hand while holding the arrow on the other. She stretched the string with the arrow loaded and released it with strength and grace. The flying arrow reached it's target hitting the red spot on the practice dummy.

Wen Xue released a breath of relief and was about to pull another arrow from the quiver when a tall man about her sister's age grabbed the quiver hurriedly.

"W-What are you doing? Who are you?"

"Girls shouldn't play with weapons."

"I am not a girl you dumbo. I am a woman."

"All girls are the same, you're no different, now if you may please give me the bow."

"No."

"Why?"

"Because I want to show my father that I care about this country."

"Being a hero is not about dying for your country. You are a second princess, you should either marry a prince or a rich duke of some sort."

My Arrogant Prince जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें