Chapter 637: Planting Herbs in the Sect

"It's been hard on you these few days," Lonemoon said as he looked genuinely apologetic. "I'm sorry for disappearing without notifying you first." At the end of the day, they were the ones in the wrong. They caused Zuo Shuming to spend several days looking for them.

"Brother Lonemoon, please don't worry about it." Zuo Shuming really looked like he did not mind in the least. "I wanted to do this – it had nothing to do with you. What's more, haven't you been injured over the past few days? It's normal that you did not get to inform me sooner."

"..." Why was Lonemoon feeling even guiltier?

"You just joined the sect – have you been focusing on training these days?" He scanned him from head to toe and said, "I see that you have a three-elemental spirit root: Water, wood and fire. Your foundation is quite solid as well. I don't think it's going to be difficult for you to advance to Foundation Establishment. If you have any doubts, please don't hesitate to come to me." After all, he had trained Fatty, an all-rounded cultivator.

Zuo Shuming broke into a grin. Fellow Daoist Lonemoon was a Foundation Establishment cultivator before. Although his cultivation level had deteriorated, he was very familiar with training for Foundation Establishment cultivators. With his guidance, Zuo Shuming would have a much more straightforward journey of advancement. He cupped his fists. "Thank you, Fellow Daoist Lonemoon. I do have questions."

"No worries – go ahead and ask them."

The two of them chatted about training for a long time. Zuo Shuming naturally was not as talented as Fatty. There were a lot of things that he did not yet understand. The good thing was when Invincible Sect was first set up, Yu Hong and the others were not very well-trained as well. Lonemoon had experience training a total newbie. Zuo Shuming listened intently as Lonemoon answered all his questions. Perhaps there were many gaps in Zuo Shuming's knowledge – the more Lonemoon explained, the greater Zuo Shuming's spirit Qi seemed to get. Lonemoon believed that he would advance in terms of cultivation level in no time.

The two of them chatted for a total of four hours. It was almost noon by then. The master and disciple duo, who had been listening in hiding, had also retreated to their room to cook. Lonemoon realized it was time for lunch and ended the question-and-answer session.

"Let's end here for today." Lonemoon got to his feet. "If you understand everything I told you, the Foundation Establishment will not be difficult for you." It was time for Lonemoon to return and steal some food.

"Thank you, Brother Lonemoon!" Zuo Shuming got to his feet as well and bowed toward Lonemoon, overwhelmed by everything he just heard. "I'm truly thankful to have received so much guidance from you."

"That's good." Lonemoon smiled. They had already talked for four hours. If Zuo Shuming still did not understand what Lonemoon said, he must really be retarded. "I'm going back to my room then."

"Take care, Brother Lonemoon." Zuo Shuming walked Lonemoon to the door.

Lonemoon turned around and stepped out, but suddenly recalled something. He turned around and asked, "Do you really believe that my looks are different now because I fell off the spirit boat?"

Zuo Shuming paused, then smiled. He pondered for a while before saying, "I take you as a friend. I looked around anxiously for you, just so I could ensure your safety. Now that I know you're safe, everything else doesn't really matter." He didn't really care whether what Lonemoon said was true or not. He did not have to know.

Lonemoon looked at him with a different lens now. Zuo Shuming did not buy that lousy story that was filled with holes. He was just trusting in his own taste in friends. It turned out that Zuo Shuming was much more clear-headed than Lonemoon thought. It was no wonder that he managed to ascend so quickly before.