Chapter 615: Corroding Vacant Valley

The map that the Scattered Cultivators House distributed pointed them toward a place called Yao Ru City. It was said that the Yao Ru City was the only immortal city that contained a transportation array that led toward the Corroding Vacant Valley. Given Lonemoon's and Yi Qing's speed, they arrived at that immortal city in a matter of days. They went straight through the transportation array, into Corroding Vacant Valley.

The moment they emerged from the array, they felt a chilling aura all around them. There was a huge valley in front of their eyes. It was almost as if the entire earth was cut into two by that one valley. There was nothing but desert on the side they were on. The other side looked like a bottomless pitch-black hole. A black aura as dark as ink was being emitted from inside the valley.

Everything around them was already dark, but it was much darker still where the valley was, so that Lonemoon suspected there was not one shred of light in there. Even using their divine perception, they could not detect any motion. Subconsciously, Lonemoon frowned. He could discern what was inside that valley.

At this time, huge crowds of cultivators were gathering in front of the valley. Most of them were itinerant cultivators, but a minority were wearing uniforms belonging to different families and sects. Everyone was watching the valley, but no one dared to explore it.

Lonemoon took the chance to scan the crowd and found that most of them were indeed female cultivators. There were a few male cultivators scattered here and there, but they were either wearing veils or masks to hide their faces. Meekly, they stood by the side. Their cultivations were all low. The highest among them was a Golden Core cultivator. What's more, most of them were surrounded by females who seemed to be protecting them.

Thus, when Lonemoon and Yi Qing openly stepped out of the array, many cultivators turned to stare at them. An obvious silence fell over the crowd. Suddenly, everyone's eyes were on them. Some were confused, some were shocked, and some were in disbelief. There were others who even activated their divine perceptions to scan the two of their bodies, as if eager to take advantage of them.

Lonemoon pursed his lips. This was the first time that he was being taken advantage of by so many brazen people. Suddenly, he became filled with rage. This damned world of female supremacy!

He released his own suppressive force, which pushed the probing eyes back where they come from. A few cultivators turned pale immediately. As if shocked by his actions, they retracted their divine perception, not daring to probe any further.

"Fellow Daoist Lonemoon!" A surprised voice sounded. They saw a woman walk out of the crowd and briskly toward them. If not for the two peaks sticking out of her top, they would not have been able to tell that she was a woman. Her body was muscular and she was dressed in green robes. She looked unable to hide her surprised smile. Even her eyes twinkled as she kept her gaze on Father Niu. "What are you doing here?"

The three of them paused. Who was this again?

The woman stared at Lonemoon for awhile and seemed to recall something as her facial expression changed. "Don't tell me you want to go into the Corroding Vacant Valley?" She frowned. Looking worried, she scanned the three of them until she finally landed her gaze on Shen Ying. Disapprovingly, she said, "Fellow Daoist Shen, the Corroding Vacant Valley is so dangerous. How can you allow the two of them to take such risks?"

Shen Ying: "..." Why are you blaming me again?

"Fellow Daoist Shen, this is your fault." She began to reprimand her, "As a woman, how can you allow the men behind you to put themselves in such danger? What's more, Fellow Daoist Lonemoon is your father. Listen to me – stop this nonsense. Take them back!" Once she finished speaking, she shot Lonemoon a look of affection.