"Honey, this is no good for you... You think about him all the time..."

"No shit!" I muffled a laugh. "I can't think about anything else. Think about the man you desire the most, like Tom Cruise or something. Then, imagine he'd go to your room and fuck you like you're the last piece of meat in the world!!! I can't even imagine not thinking about it."

Mindy started laughing but had to cease the laugh because someone shushed them. They had forgotten they were in the library.

"Look, go outside, get some fresh air and come back when you're done with thinking about it and you want to study," Mindy said with a playful tone but serious at the same time

"Yeah, well, see ya in, like, the other life, then," I growled, walking out of the library. 

The fresh air was so damn good... It was enough to make my body temperature drop a little since it increases every time I think about Chester. I can't help it, but I knew I had to put an end to it. To end something that didn't even begin.

The night was calm. There were barely any people walking outside. Only a few crazy people would go to the library on a Friday night. And, damn, we were crazy. But it was basically my fault. I have been dragging Mindy with me so that I can be depressed and have company at the same time.

The night breeze was good, but it didn't work wonders. I needed to splash my face with cold water, so I went to the girl's bathroom and stared at the mirror.

"You need to get yourself back together," I thought to myself as I waited for the running water to be the colder it could be. Touching it with my fingers, and deciding it was cold enough, I leaned in and splashed it against my face. Luckily, I don't use makeup on a daily basis, so there was no chance of turning into a makeup monster.

The water felt so good in my face... For a moment it's like I forgot everything around me and just lived for its freshness.

I straightened up and looked at the mirror, brushing my hands against my wet face. Then, I took some hand's paper, and pat it against my skin to wipe off the water.

When I opened my eyes again, I jumped back startled, and released a low gasp.

"Chester? What are you doing here?"

Chester was at the door, slightly out of breath. Why is he out of breath? 

He didn't say a word. Instead, he locked the door and took a couple of steps towards me, and, for a moment, I thought I was actually going to faint.

"You didn't call," he said in a serious tone, but I noticed he was not angry.

"I didn't," that was the only thing that I could say.

"Why didn't you? Did you forget about me?"

My heart broke into tiny little pieces. What on Earth is he talking about? Why is he talking that way? I put the paper tissue in the trash bin and walked to the mirror, brushing my hair casually, in order to disguise my anxiety. Why did he lock the door?

"I have been busy, that's all," I lied. "I have to study, you know?"

"Bullshit," he said.

I turned around when I felt him behind me, his hands grabbing my hips.

"You were avoiding me," he said. No shit, Sherlock. "You don't talk to me. You barely even look at me. I don't like it."

I was speechless, looking up at him. Chester was taller than me and thinner. I was a small, curvy girl. I am no athletic girl, but I don't mind, I'm happy this way. And Chester didn't mind either, his hands grabbed my waist as if I was going to run away from him and he didn't want that. Not really.