◀notes▶

and that concludes the end of seonghwa and yeosang's love story, i enjoyed writing this book so much, i couldn't stay away from it, even writing some drafts during my free time at work before the quarantine started.

as you can see seongsang is my ultimate ship and i hope i did them justice in this story.

however, it wasn't always going to end like this, i'm going to list out all of my original plans for the story because i felt like including them and because i strayed away from the original concept.

「notes - the original idea for the story

→ in the original draft, yeosang couldn't leave gangwon-do because his older brother had a terminal illness and he was his "spare parts"; very reminiscent of the movie, my sister's keeper.

→ yeosang wasn't supposed to have hongjoong and jongho as his friends because he was a sheltered boy, kept healthy because of the whole older brother situation.

→ yeosang wasn't supposed to go to college.

→ seonghwa and yeosang were supposed to have their first time when seonghwa was supposed to go back to seoul.

→ seonghwa's first sighting of yeosang was supposed to be at the cliff, after his aunt picks him up and he sees him there when their car passes by.

→ seonghwa and yeosang's first interraction was supposed to be at the beach, where they agreed to see each other every 2 a.m.

→ yeosang was supposed to be an abused child.

→ seonghwa was supposed to be an asshole playboy in this story.

→ yeosang's first heartbreak was going to be when he surprises seonghwa in his university after travelling for the first time outside of gangwon-do and he sees seonghwa with another girl.

→ seonghwa actually tells yeosang that he was just a summer fling, to keep himself entertained in gangwon-do.

→ seongsang wasn't supposed to be endgame.

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

「notes - plotlines that didn't make it to the final plot

→ yeosang's first time was supposed to be with johnny after a drunken night full of heartbreak and confusion.

→ seonghwa's dependency on yeosang was actually going to be more toxic.

→ johnny and seonghwa were supposed to have a physical fight which ends up with seonghwa accidentally punching yeosang.

→ seonghwa and yeosang were supposed to break up because yeosang couldn't handle seonghwa being so possessive.

→ they were supposed to break up but yeosang promises that in 5 years, if they know themselves even more, he will consider trying again.

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

and that's it, i didn't actually expect people to read this seongsang fic because it's my first time writing an ateez fanfiction but everytime i update, i always look forward to your comments because i love to read them and respond.

don't worry though, this isn't the last seongsang fic i'm writing, there's another one that's coming up soon titled, star 1117, where we explore a roommates to lovers plotline because i'm a sucker for parents/family au.

so, thank you so much for giving this fanfic a chance and thank you for liking it!