Maya had no faults when it came to looks. She was one stunner, I've always been jealous of her beauty. I know it's wrong to be jealous of your best friend but I was, she was absolutely beautiful. Her complexion was flawless.

I'm given a warm smile then pulled into her embrace. I beam and giggle as we squeeze each other tightly, cutting off each other's blood supply no doubt.

"It's party time" she grins and pulls back from the hug, only to grab my hand and drag me down the street.

"Wow you seem very excited" I point out,
"we're only going to the movies remember"

"I'm just excited to hang out with my best friend and sister from another mister, is that so wrong?" she fake pouts and I laugh.

"Your my life saviour babe, I did not fancy staying in that house for another second"

Maya turns to me "why is Hayley bothering you again? You should just tell her to shove it"

I scoff "oh I do everyday, I don't know lately she's just been so bitter. Like she's always been bitter but now it's like she's going out her way to make me miserable. Plus she's turning my parents against me even more then they already are"

Maya plastered a small frown on her face, not muttering a word but continued to hold hands with me as we walk down the lonely sidewalk, heading toward the tree line where the woods begin. We have to walk through here to get to the human town, it's only about a half an hour walk.

We walk in silence for a solid five minutes before I take the chance to start a new conversation. "How's your mom?"

Maya turned to me with a smile "she's doing good, just focusing on me and her job. She's always asking for you ya know, I'm starting to think she loves you more than me"

"Oh she definitely loves me more, your just a pain in the ass" I teased and Maya pouts.

I giggled and so does she, our laughs together echo throughout the woods.

"I miss your mom, it's just with you being at school and me mostly being at home I never get the chance to see her"

I see Maya's mom maybe once a month or once every two weeks depending on if she's home. Sarah works away from the pack, usually in the neighbouring packs although she does sometimes venture out further to packs all the way at the other side of the country.

Sarah's a healer which means when a wolf's injured she fixes them up with natural herbal brews and medicines. These types of wolves have a magical healing property within them which helps to treat the worst of wounds. Having this sort of power is honourable in our culture as you have to be born with the gift.

You'd think maya would also have the gift, but genetics isn't actually how it works. It's down to the goddess to decide our fates, our abilities, our wolves and our mates.

I turn my head, pointing my small button nose into the dark night sky. A navy blue empty space stares down at me, with very few twinkles shining. A couple of clouds in my view which give off an almost light brown colour.

There's something about the night life that gets me relaxed, i feel almost connected in some way to the blank space above me.

I've always considered myself a night owl, asleep all day, full of life at night. I've sometimes went for walks at night when it's quiet and no other wolves are around except from patrol. I tend to steer clear from those guys though.

"It's so pretty" I heard maya say which draws my attention back to what she was referring to. She, like me, was also looking up. Smiling at the alluring night time glow that flowed through the sky.

I smiled and tilted my head once more to take in the dark celestial dome that sits perfectly above. "It's beautiful" I breath.

We take a moment to appreciate the true art that Mother Nature created.

"Right cmon you, we've got a movie to get to" i said to maya which makes her pull herself back into reality. She briefly looked at me before turning her head then began taking heavy steps through the grass that surround our feet.

We keep walking through the woods in a comfortable silence, only listening to the thoughts that swim around in our heads.

The echo of twigs snapping, leaves crunching on the ground as we moved provided a calm wave of sound to travel through our ears and the atmosphere .

Right at that moment I felt content with myself and the world, but little did I know it would be the last time that my life was total chaos free for a long time.

~🌙~