Friends & Enemies | 3

The Next Morning...

I yawned as I sat up in bed before getting up. I went to my closet to pick out what I was going to wear today.

I put on a grey t-shirt which was tucked into some skinny army printed jeans. I also left my hair down, brushed my teeth, then went outside to meet up with Jack. Once we met, we went to school. 

Once we got there, we headed up to math class and took the same seats as yesterday, beside each other. 

"So..?" I said, turning to Jack. "So.. what?" He asked me, sounding pretty confused and with a small chuckle as he looked up from his phone, at me. 

"Where's your girlfriend?" I asked him with a smirk, bouncing my eyebrows a bit. He looked at me with the most confused look ever, making me laugh. "You know, the girl you met that you said was in this class?" I said, still chuckling. "Oh yeah, 'cause I definitely date girls the day after I meet them." He rolled his eyes, laughing. 

"Whatever, just where is she?" I asked him again, also laughing. He turned around and his eyes scanned around the room, looking for her. "There." He said, pointing to a girl across the room in a not obvious way. 

I looked to the girl he was pointing to and saw a really pretty blonde girl. She looked pretty tall, her skin was light and her eyes were bright blue. Her blonde hair was wavy and went down a bit past her shoulders.

"Ooh, she's pretty. What's her name?" I asked Jack, looking back at him with a smile. "Ema. And don't you dare say anything to get her attention!" He told me quickly. "When have I ever done anything like that?" I chuckled. "I don't know, I'm assuming you'll break out of your shy shell eventually." He shrugged while chuckling as well. "Somehow doubt that.." I sighed, turning back in my seat. 

Drama... 

I walked into the room and my eyes immediately found Shayna. I walked up to her and took the seat beside her. Both of us greeted each other with a smile. 

Soon after I sat down, I remembered yesterday when Jack asked me to invite Shayna to lunch. So I decided to do just that. 

"Hey, so do you sit with anyone at lunch?" I asked Shayna, turning to her in my seat. "Uh.. Not really.. My elementary school friends went to different schools." She shrugged. "Oh well uh, I told my friend about you yesterday and he wants to meet you so.. Do you want to hang out with us at lunch?" I offered with a smile. "Um.. Sure. But I might be kinda shy." She told me. "That's alright. Jackson's really kind. To everyone but me..." I mumbled the last part but Shayna heard it and chuckled. 

"How long have you known him for?" She asked me with a smile. "Literally since I was born. Our parents have been friends since high school and we're neighbors so we're like the bestest friends." I explained. "Wow! I've always wished I had a friend like that. You're so lucky!" She said, her smile growing. 

Yeah, I already knew very well how lucky I was to have a friend like Jack. I know a lot of people would kill to have a best friend like him.

"Yeah, I am pretty lucky. But if you stick around too, I'm hoping you'll end up pretty close with us as well." I smiled. "Yeah same. I've never really made any close school friends so it'd be nice for a change." She explained. "Oh I'd definitely be able to relate to that if it weren't for Jack."

Lunch... 

After going to each others lockers, I took Shayna with me to the cafeteria. We found an empty table and sat beside each other.  

I texted Jack where we were and he ended up showing up about two minutes later. 

"Oh hey, Shayna, right? I'm Jack." Jackson said happily while sitting across from us. "Yeah, nice to meet you, Jack. I like your accent." She smiled, sounding a little shy. "Thanks! I'm surprised you can even hear it though, it's pretty vague." Jack said, still sounding happy and excited since he was a very bubbly person.