Treehouse | 1

We laid in the center right beside each other on the comfy pillows and blankets that we put on the ground when we first built this place with our dads as we looked up at the night sky. And the only reason we were even able to see the sky was because our dads were such good builders that they were able to create a roof that can open and close. It was like two little doors we could open and close as we pleased.

The rest of the treehouse was amazing too. The treehouse was built on a pretty tall tree so we were a good 20-ish feet up. And there were two windows as well. One was pretty small but the other was big. The big one had a window seat bench thing that we pretty much turned into a small bed since it was big enough for both of us to lie there and we had pillows and blankets set up on there too. We had dim lights set up in each corner but fairy lights were hanging all over the place. There was nothing fancy like real couches or beds but instead we had two bean bags in one corner and also we had a mini cabinet full of our favorite snacks. Lastly we had a mini olden days TV hanging on the wall in front of us since we usually laid on the ground instead of the window seat.

This place was every kid's dream. The two of us only got it because we both begged our parents to build it for us for our birthdays. Our birthday is exactly one month apart.

Jackson is a month older than me, Veronica. So you can picture us better, here's a description of us.

I, Veronica, or as Jackson would call me, Roni, am a Pakistani/Dutch mix girl with an American accent since we live in Canada. I know, pretty rare mix. My hair is dark brown, wavy with thin front bangs and it goes down to my waist. My skin is a light olive color and I have green eyes. I'm also 5'0.5, meaning I'm really short. And currently, Jackson and I are 15, just about to start high school.

And since the age of 5, I have loved soccer! Over the years I have gotten pretty good at it but I'm still learning. I was on the team in elementary school as an attacking midfielder because that was the position I've been practicing since the age of 5.

Jackson is actually Dutch as well, but he's fully Dutch and has a very light Dutch accent since his parents lived in The Netherlands as kids and they had accents. He has light skin, very blue eyes and deep dimples on his cheeks which I have always been jealous of. His hair was chestnut brown, short on the sides but the top is longer, middle parted, fluffy and wavy. You know, that 2020 skater boy type of hair. He was 6'0 which meant he's much taller than me. Jackson was also one of those people who had quite a few small birth/beauty marks scattered around his face, torso and back. Not freckles though since there weren't that many and most of his were darker. I always found them to be cute. And lastly, he was pretty much exactly a head taller than me. He was quite an attractive guy but I was very clearly not attracted to him like that.

For as long as I can remember, Jackson has always been a sucker for playing rugby. He always practiced the position of tight-head prop which from what I know, is one of the hardest positions. Jackson loved learning about rugby and practicing it with his parents in his backyard. He actually became really good at it within the past couple years He's always wanted to bring his rugby skills into his future.

One last aspect about Jackson was that he actually had pretty bad night blindness, meaning he could literally see nothing in the dark unless it was bright. He always found it super annoying and inconvenient and he always told me that if he had one wish, it would be to get rid of his night blindness. So that meant that as we looked up at the night sky, sadly I was the only one able to see the stars in the sky. And his night blindness was something that he was actually very insecure about for whatever reason. He only told people about it if it was absolutely necessary. 

Because of his night blindness, one of his biggest fears was actually the dark because he hated not being able to see anything and not being able to do anything about it.