High School | 2

The Next Day... 

My alarm wen off bright and early in the morning and I immediately woke up. I turned over and shut my alarm quickly, my eyes half open. I sat up in bed, rubbing my eyes before opening them fully. 

I was really nervous right now.. so nervous that my hands were actually shaking a tiny bit. I really did not want to do this. 

My whole life, I have had Jack by my side so I didn't need to worry about making new friends. I did have like two other friends in elementary school, but that was pretty much it. Now going into high school, I would have to be MUCH more independent. 

I really didn't know if I'd be able to do this without Jack.. but I had no choice. 

I looked over at Jack on the ground to see that he was still fully asleep. 

I sighed as I got up from the window seat then walked over to where Jack was lying down. I kneeled down on the ground right beside him.

"Jack, get up." I said a bit tiredly as I gently began shaking his shoulder. I repeated this multiple times before he began waking up. 

Jack groaned quietly, turning over onto his back as his hands went over his face. 

"Come on, we gotta get ready and stuff." I said to him, holding out my hand. He sighed, his hands coming off his face before he grabbed my hand.

Both of us got up and Jack got his shirt on.

After that, we left the treehouse and went to our own houses quickly to get ready. Once I got in my house, I went into my room and to my closet. 

I decided to put on a loose yellow t-shirt with some black ripped jeans. I put my hair half up half down, brushed my teeth, grabbed a banana, then headed back outside to meet back up with Jack. 

I only had to wait for about a minute before Jack came back outside as well. We walked up to each other. 

"Ready?" Jack asked me while smiling excitedly. "Not really.. But let's just go before we miss the bus..." I sighed as I began to walk. "You'll be fine!" Jack said quickly while chuckling as he caught up with me.

We walked to the bus stop which was only a five minute walk. While waiting for the bus, I was still very much freaking out inside.

It was another five minutes before the bus showed up. We got inside and sat together of course. The drive to our new school was about ten minutes. 

Once we got to school, we kind of just stood outside of it for a couple seconds, staring up at it. 

This school was like thrice as big as our old elementary school. Like seriously, the school was BIG. Seeing it was making me even more nervous.

"Alright, come on." Jack said after a couple seconds, taking a small deep breath before grabbing my wrist and pulling me towards the entrance. "Jack..!" I whined, trying to resist him pulling me. 

Unfortunately I failed and he managed to pull me inside.

The outside was nothing compared to the inside. My jaw immediately dropped and both of us stopped walking the second we saw the inside. 

The school was beautiful but HUGE. We were met with a large atrium that was lit up by natural sunlight and there were four literal large trees in it. The place looked like an actual mall!

After looking around, we got out our schedules on our phones and looked at them together again.

Veronica's Schedule:

Period 1 - Math

Period 2 - Drama

Period 3 - Lunch