Chapter 1️⃣2️⃣

Start from the beginning

Why the hell is she here? Well, Jeff or Adam probably invited her. I guess I should say hi, I don't want to be rude. I sit there for a few minutes, letting her make her rounds and then after a few minutes, I get up and head over to her.

"Jessica, can I talk to you for a minute?" I say as I approach her. She turns and looks at me surprised to see me, like I don't live here, like this isn't my house.

"Well hello to you too, Joe!" She says sarcastically. OK

"What's up. Come with me."

"Um, okay. I'll talk to your guys in a minute." She says to the group of people.

We walk off into the house, walking to towards the front door.

"What's up?" She asks, "As soon as I walked in you swooped me up. What's going on?"

"Have you talked to Ammika?"

"Yeah, I just got off the phone with her why?" She asks

"You've talked to her?"

"I just said yeah. What?" She asks, looking at me confused.

"Call her."

"Okay, but why?"

"I haven't talked to her in a week."

"Oh. I hadn't talked to her either, but she called me today."

"What did she say? Where has she been?"

"Oohhhh Joe...." she says looking sad. "Sit down with me."

We walk over to the living room and I sit on the sofa and she sits in the chair.

"I've called and texted her many times and I haven't gotten any response

"I've called and texted her many times and I haven't gotten any response."

"Joe...Ammika does this sometimes. I hate to be the one to tell you this, and I hate that she did this to you, but she's been doing this for a while. I'm told she's been doing it since her teens. Every now and then she'll get really stressed, or overly worked up about something and she would just disappear."

"What? Don't you think I should've been informed? What did she say to you?" I ask

"She didn't say anything. When she comes back, it's like she never left."

"And no one seems to think this is a problem?"

"Of course we do, but she's a grown woman, there isn't much we can do about that."

"That's not okay." I say upset. This girl disappears and no one seems to worry about where she is? There is something seriously wrong with these people. What the hell does her parents do when she does this? What did they do and she was a teenager?

"What does her parents have to say about this?"

"From my understanding when she was younger her dad would go out and look for her. Sometimes he would find her, sometimes he wouldn't. Now, They don't really take it too seriously. And right now they don't even know because they're not even in the country."