Part 9/10

A week had passed and Div was the happiest he had ever been. Aria was letting him stay over at her house after school for dinner and help with homework. Div's grades had improved by two letter grades since he was so determined to impress Aria. He wanted to go to the same college as her and was working extremely hard. It was like any other day for him, but for Aria, it was a different story. She had noticed how much effort he was putting into his schoolwork and how kind he was becoming. Of course, there was still teasing, but it was more playful than before. Aria had also noticed she had become closer to Div. She wanted to spend more time with him and was disappointed when he had to go home. 'Am I falling in love with Div?' She thought as she set up their movie for "Movie Friday". Her cheeks flushed bright red at the thought. 'No, I couldn't be! I'm in love with Lyon, right? Div couldn't love me back, anyway. Yeah, I'm a human and he's a Siren. There has to be some sort of magic or something that prevents us from falling in love. I'm just mistaking normal feelings for love.' She tried to convince herself she didn't love Div, but she was failing to find a good reason.

"Aria, is there any popcorn? I can't find it." Div called her from the kitchen.

"I-it's in the cabinet next to the stove on the top shelf." She stuttered. After he put the popcorn in the microwave, he peeked into the living room, where she was clumsily setting up the movie.

"Are you okay? You're stuttering and shaking, which is a sign. Did you recall an embarrassing memory?" He smirked.

"No, I didn't. I was just thinking about Lyon." She lied. Jealousy stabbed Div right in the chest.

"Oh... now nice. What, are you two dating?" He asked, trying not to sound like a jerk.

"No, that will change soon. I just have to be patient and let him ask." Aria was actually trying to make Div jealous. She knew he and Lyon didn't like each other very much, so talking about Lyon put Div on edge.

"Yes, yeah. Sure he will." He rolled his eyes. "If he was a man, he would have asked you already."

"He's just shy! He's the kind of guy who's tall and kind of muscular, but is super shy and adorable. I just wanna hug him forever!" She smiled brightly and hugged a pillow.

"I'm tall and kind of muscular, too!" Div crossed his arms and pouted a bit.

"That's true, but you're the guy that's obnoxious and overbearing." Div tried to find the right words to say without offending Aria, but couldn't come up with anything.

"You win this round..." He glared at her before getting the popcorn out of the microwave. Aria eventually got the movie all set up and they both began to watch with interest. "This is a good movie." Div said with a mouth full if popcorn.

"I agree. It's got a bit of everything in it, which is nice. The romance isn't overpowering, either." Aria added on.

"I noticed that. It's nice to watch something where people aren't trying to suck each other's faces off." Aria laughed at Div's comment.

"What a way to describe it." She playfully punched his shoulder, grinning. Div blushed a bit and continued to watch the movie in silence. Aria noticed, but ignored it, thinking it was just the lighting from the movie. After two hours and three bowls of popcorn, the movie finished. "That ending was so unexpected." Aria said, still s bit shocked.

"Why did the mom have to get killed by sickness?! Now the adorable little toddler has to be an orphan!" Div sobbed.

"You're too emotional when it comes to movies. Stop being a crybaby and go turn on the lights." Aria felt around for the remote control, but when Div switched on the lights, she saw a large spider right next to her hand. She squealed, ran to Div, and hid behind him. "Kill it, kill it!"

"I'm not going to get close to that thing! It's bigger than a quarter!" Div tried to back up.

"Be a man! You're supposed to be a super scary Siren that can so magic and stuff! Send a sound wave towards it!" The spider got closer which caused the two to back up even more. Aria grabbed a shoe and threw it at the spider, missing by at least three feet.

"I can't do magic, and your aim sucks!" Div grabbed another shoe and threw it at the spider. An awful crunch could be heard as the shoe hit the awful arachnid.

"Great job, Div. Now, dispose of the body." Aria said, pushing him towards the dead spider, which was now stick on the bottom of the shoe. He smirked, got the shoe, and held it towards Aria. "Don't you dare..." Div threw the shoe at Aria and hit her arm. Spider guts were now on her, and she was furious. She tackled him and wiped her arm on his forehead, causing Div to go mad.

"Get me a shower! I need to take a shower before I die! Aria, get off of me! I'm contaminated with spider juice!" He wined, trying to get up. Aria laughed and got off of him, allowing him to run to the bathroom and take a shower. She simply washed her arm and cleaned everything up, smiling the entire time.

'Maybe I am in love with him...' She thought as she set the shoe used to kill the spider on fire. 'Yeah, I think I am.'