Part 5/10

The day of the dance had come and there was excitement in the air. All the girls were talking about hair and makeup while the guys were planning a romantic date to a fancy restaurant, which they considered Steak 'n Shake to be. Lyon planned to take Aria to a place that was actually very high end called The Ring, which served exotic cuisines. He had everything he needed and was prepared for anything. Extra clothes if something was spilled, a comb, some tissues in case Aria started crying for some reason, and a first aid kit. 'Alright, everything is in my car. I'll make sure we have fun. Oh, crap, I forgot to bring my Cinema Card in case she wanted to watch a movie! I have movie points on that thing!' He face-palmed and groaned as he remembered the small item that he left at home.

"You forgot something, didn't you?" Aria asked as she snuck up behind him, causing Lyon to jump a bit.

"Yeah, I forgot my Cinema Card..." He sighed, "and don't scare me like that!"

"Alright, I won't scare you." She laughed, "and its ok if you forgot your Cinema Card. Don't freak out over it, okay?" She gave him a reassuring smile.

"Yeah, okay. Are you excited for the dance?" Lyon asked, trying to change the subject.

"Yup! Its going to be pretty fun since there will be a talent show. Maybe I can finally preform in front of people..." She looked to the ground and twiddled her thumbs.

"I hope you do it. If you preform, you'll be an instant celebrity."

"Being a celebrity would be so troublesome. Imagine all the things you would have to do and the lies people would make up. That would be so... Ew... Nope, I'm not gonna preform."

"Come on, Ari! People will love your music. If they don't like it, oh, well. They can't say anything since you're more talented than them. You aren't going to see them since we're all going to different colleges, so don't worry about it." Lyon said, trying to convince her.

She huffed and crossed her arms, "I'll consider it. Its time to go home, so let's leave to get ready. Will you pick me up at my place?"

"Yeah, I'll pick you up in two hours." Aria nodded and began to walk home. She smiled the entire way, but for some reason, there was a sort of loneliness in her heart. She felt like she had abandoned someone dear to her, but ignored it.

When Aria reached her house, she ran inside to fetch her dress. It was quite beautiful, with it's intricate designs and color. The dress was a light blue with beading on the bust and a waistline with hundreds of crystal beads, which sparkled like real diamonds. Aria slipped the dress on and admired how it flattered her body. She felt like a princess and she didn't even have her hair or makeup done.

She straightened her black, wavy hair and put it in a lace braided bun, which was quite difficult since she had to watch tutorial after tutorial to understand how create the beautiful hairstyle. After putting pins with fake pearls at the end for accessories, she moved onto makeup. To keep it simple, she only put eyeliner, mascara, and a light lipstick on. 'I've never dressed up like this before...'Will Lyon like it? Aria thought as she put her heels on. 'I feel like a princess when I'm like this. It's kinda weird.'

Lyon was parked in Aria's driveway, trying to get enough courage to walk up and knock on the door. He was terrified of tripping and falling in front of her or accidentally spilling something on her. "I can do this." He said so himself. Lyon grabbed the bouquet of roses next to him, got out of the car, and went to knock on the door. He knocked and not even ten seconds passed before Aria opened the door. Lyon flushed bright red when he saw how gorgeous she looked.

"Hi, Lyon! You look really handsome in a suite." Aria smiled brightly at him.

"U-um, I think you look really nice. Not just nice, pretty! No, uh, not just pretty, gorgeous!" He stuttered. "I got you flowers..." He held the bouquet of roses out to her.

"Thank you, these are beautiful. Let me put them in water real quick before we leave. Come on in." Aria ran inside and got a vase to put the flowers in. Lyon awkwardly stood next to her as she set the case on the dining room table. "There, now everyone that comes over can admire them. Now, let's go to the dance!" She cheered, grabbed his hand, and dragged him to his car. Lyon loosened up a bit when he saw how excited Aria was. As he drove to the school, they both talked about what they would be doing and how fun dancing would be.

Div, who was already at the school with Talia, was preparing to do a performance after Aria arrived. He was still enraged that Aria chose Lyon over him. 'She'll be jealous once she sees me with her ex-best friend. She'll come running to me when it's all over.' He smirked and watched the entrance as he danced with his date. Div was going to do everything he could to get Aria, and although he didn't know it at the time, he was going to fall hopelessly in love with her.